Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP/GEMB collections 2006

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JCP/GEMB collections 2006

Hello all,

I read quite a bit on the forums before posting my situation. I hope someone can help me out.

I have one bad remark on my credit history and believe it has a very bad effect on my credit score. I have a late payment from Dec 2005 that went into collections. I paid it off in June 2006. At that time, the CA said they would remove the bad remarks from the report and I didn’t bother to check on that. Not to mention the OC and CA didn't have the right mailing address for me and kept sending my mail to the wrong address. Not an excuse for the late payment - but still.

Now its 2008 and I just checked my credit report only to find that it has been reported as bankrupt/collections for 2 months on Experian and Equifax. That in addition to the 30 days to 150 days late remarks. Also the account appears as a Collections Item on the TransUnion report.

On Experian & Equifax:

Dec 2005-May 2006: Late

May 2006, June 2006: Collections

1 Do I send a PFD or GW?

2 And do I send the letter to the OC,CA or CB?

3 Any suggestions on what I can do to remove the derogatory remarks? The OC is a GEMB/JCP account and the CA is NCC Business Services.

Help is great appreciated. Thank you.

Message Edited by anmerl on 04-05-2008 08:37 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Re: JCP/GEMB collections 2006

Hi and welcome!

You may receive more responses if you post this in the General Credit Issues forum. There are a ton of posters there that can answer all of your questions.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info:-) I created a new post in that category.
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Here's the link to the new thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=94887

I'm locking this thread to keep posts from appearing on both threads.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.