Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP Gold & Platinum Status - Back in October

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

JCP Gold & Platinum Status - Back in October

So that sounds exciting, but I don't know anything else about it.  The website doesn't offer any info about those statuses.

Has anyone had either of these before?  What are they?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: JCP Gold & Platinum Status - Back in October

@SunriseEarth wrote:

So that sounds exciting, but I don't know anything else about it.  The website doesn't offer any info about those statuses.

That's good news!  Sounds like they are bringing the tier-levels again - I still have my Platinum one.  From what I recall, the Red (or classic) used to be for annual purchases up to $499.  Gold for anything between $500 to $999 and Platinum for anything over $1K.  Different reward promotions were offered by each level.

Message 2 of 11
awiser
Regular Contributor

It really has more to do with rewards. If you spend so much money, you get upgraded and earn more rewards - discounts, certificates, etc.

Message 3 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Smiley Surprised is it really coming back?! awesome!

pretty much this is what it is:

Regular (red card): Annual spending of $0-$499.99

Gold: Annual spending of $500-$999.99

Platinum: Annual spending of $1000+

Spending consists of: JCP (in-store, outlets, and online) Sephora inside JCP, sephora.com, any JCP services within their stores (such as optical, salon, photo studio), CVS (in-store only), Rite-Aid (in-store only)

Regular card members get the standard jcp cardmember exclusive offers, as well as a $10 certificate in the mail for their birthday. Gold members get the benefits of the regular members, with occasional "gold and platinum only" offers (typically higher value or exclusive), with a $15 certificate for their birthday. Platinum members get all of the benefits of regular and gold members, but get offered exclusive promotional offers meant only for platinum card holders.

I had platinum since the end of 2010 and have had it ever since. Not sure if the rewards program will go back to the old way too, but before the every $100 = $10 coupon, up to $100 coupons a month, it use to be:

Regular: 1 $10 coupon with $100 spend

Gold: 2 $10 coupons with $200 spend

Platinum: 3 $10 coupons with $300 spend

Hope that helped! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Spending consists of: JCP (in-store, outlets, and online) Sephora inside JCP, sephora.com, any JCP services within their stores (such as optical, salon, photo studio), CVS (in-store only), Rite-Aid (in-store only)

Regular card members get the standard jcp cardmember exclusive offers, as well as a $10 certificate in the mail for their birthday. Gold members get the benefits of the regular members, with occasional "gold and platinum only" offers (typically higher value or exclusive), with a $15 certificate for their birthday. Platinum members get all of the benefits of regular and gold members, but get offered exclusive promotional offers meant only for platinum card holders.

I had platinum since the end of 2010 and have had it ever since. Not sure if the rewards program will go back to the old way too, but before the every $100 = $10 coupon, up to $100 coupons a month, it use to be:

Thanks for the great refresher on those benefits!

OP - what was the source or article for the re-introduced benefit structure?

Message 5 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Thanks for the great refresher on those benefits!

No problem!

And yes, I second finstar's question: I work for JCP, and didn't hear anything before my last full day (Saturday). Then again, we rarely hear about changes to the program until they're about to be implemented anyways. Smiley Tongue

Just checked the website and saw nothing different, however I think I saw a week or two ago on my statement the changes they're making to the actual reward program. All it said though was along the lines of "points can only be earned based on eligible purchases". I didn't see anything indicating the change based on tiers!

With our old CEO back, I could see him wanting the spending tiers again, and limiting the jcp rewards program.

Message 6 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

This was on the back of my most recent statement:

Good news - Gold and Platinum upgrade status levels are back! As of October 15, 2013, cardmembers who have spent $500 on their jcpenney credit card this calendar year over 2 or more shopping days will be automatically upgraded to jcpenney Gold card status, and cardholders who have spent $1,000 on their jcpenney credit card this calendar year over 2 or more shopping days will be automatically upgraded to jcpenney Platinum card status. Certain conditions and limitations apply. See back of statement for additional information.

Important Note: Effective October 1, the terms of the jcp Rewards program are changing. Key changes are: certificates will be earned based on the accumulation of points (amount required for earning a certificate does not change); if you provide an email address on your jcpenney credit card application or in-store at the time of purchase, jcpenney will deliver earned certificates to that email address; and abuse of the program may result in being disqualified from participation. For full terms, see www.jcprewards.com.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Good news - Gold and Platinum upgrade status levels are back! As of October 15, 2013, cardmembers who have spent $500 on their jcpenney credit card this calendar year over 2 or more shopping days will be automatically upgraded to jcpenney Gold card status, and cardholders who have spent $1,000 on their jcpenney credit card this calendar year over 2 or more shopping days will be automatically upgraded to jcpenney Platinum card status. Certain conditions and limitations apply. See back of statement for additional information.

Important Note: Effective October 1, the terms of the jcp Rewards program are changing. Key changes are: certificates will be earned based on the accumulation of points (amount required for earning a certificate does not change); if you provide an email address on your jcpenney credit card application or in-store at the time of purchase, jcpenney will deliver earned certificates to that email address; and abuse of the program may result in being disqualified from participation. For full terms, see www.jcprewards.com.

Nice! I just had that last part in my last statement (August 4th/5th). My new statement cuts today/tomorrow, so when I get it in the mail I'm sure I'll see it! Thank you so much for this head's up Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Thanks for sharing OP - I'll see if anything pops in the mail since I haven't put any use on the JCP for a couple months.  Very good info indeed! Robot Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Also, just want to add: after reading and rereading the last part about the change to the rewards programs, it looks like they're going to bring back those "bonus point" days where you can earn 2x or 3x points on purchases, or have a whole month where a certain brand or department will have 2x points.

So, instead of "every $100 = $10", it's $1 = 1 or more points, where 100 points = $10.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.