Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP MasterCard Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCP MasterCard Upgrade

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Agree so far my last request from CS for my Penny's was an sp. Got it increased from 3800 to 6000. Haha now i know where i had seen the Penny MC in someone's sig. It was yours 9cline ! Smiley Happy looks cool with your Macys Amex! One day ill hit that pinnacle and get back in with Amex and who knows maybe by then Discover will discover that i have IT Smiley Happy

Hahaha! Love the play on words.I love my Discover card.I think their custommer service is the best!

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@9CLINE wrote:

All CLI's for me have been SP... Last I heard they were still doing SP's for the Penney's accts..

*Edit---- Np w/ asking questions..glad to help....

Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 45
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Artsymom its well known that Discover is a weird beast in that you just dont know who theyll let in. But i know if i ever get in with Discover i would probably love them as well and treat them well too but for now just have to sit in the corner and stew Smiley Sad Smiley Happy
Message 43 of 45
BQQKWORM
Established Member

@sunkissed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Awesome! Congrats! I would like this too one day , looked pretty cool in a someones signature i saw/ see here on the forum . Only thing is i wouldnt want it if it would be another account , different from original.Smiley Happy maybe after all my inq fall off and my current crop ages together i would in a heartbeat Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, these upgrades are always a new account - no new inquiry though. It something you'd need to consider before accepting the upgrade offer.

That's interesting so do they close out the old Tradeline and report a new one?

Yup. That's exactly what they do. You'll even see both accounts when you log in online. The store card account will show up as closed and the Visa/MC version will show as open.

I just looked at my JCP account online. It lists the store card and the MC as separate accounts. Interestingly enough, I asked for a CLI when I got the letter saying that my card would be converted and that was granted ($3K to $4600) but the MC has a separate limit of $6K
Message 44 of 45
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

So @ bqqkworm, you now have 2 jcp accounts and they are active? I would think the mc version would cancel out the original card.
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.