Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP Promotional Interest Offers?

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

JCP Promotional Interest Offers?

Hey everyone, I have a quick question pertaining to JCP's special interest promotional offers, in particular, one that is going on now for furniture and mattress purchases of $1,000 or more on the card, 0% for 12 months.

I talked to a CSR and it's simiply listed as a promo offer on the statement, and not like Macy's in that they create a separate line. However, has anyone ever used one of their promo offers? If not, for anybody who has ever used 0% interest for finance accounts, store cards, and/or general CCs, what does a payment go toward first? The promo offer, or any regular, revolving purchases?

Thanks Smiley Happy Plan on buying myself a nice, new, queen bed (only ever had a twin, need to measure my room and shift some furniture around to make sure it fits!), and a new mattress to boot! Waiting until the sale is good again and i'll be using my employee discount!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: JCP Promotional Interest Offers?

*bump* any advice on how payments apply to a card when you have both regular purchases and special interest promotion purchases?

Message 2 of 6
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

I would call into make your future payments and let them know how much you would like to go to the Promotional payment and to your regular balance. They will do that for you!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
lanc
Regular Contributor

The Credit Card Act makes anything over the minimum apply to the higher interest payment. 

www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/law-bans-credit-card-payment-allocation-trickery-1282.php

Message 4 of 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@lanc wrote:

The Credit Card Act makes anything over the minimum apply to the higher interest payment. 

www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/law-bans-credit-card-payment-allocation-trickery-1282.php

Great! Thanks you two! I'll definitely call in to verify if and when I utilize the special financing, and good to know!

Message 5 of 6
HiLine
Blogger

@lanc wrote:

Does it mean if I have a transferred balance with 0% interest, any extra payment would go toward purchases which are being charged positive interest?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.