Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

JCP Promotional Interest Offers?

Hey everyone, I have a quick question pertaining to JCP's special interest promotional offers, in particular, one that is going on now for furniture and mattress purchases of $1,000 or more on the card, 0% for 12 months.

I talked to a CSR and it's simiply listed as a promo offer on the statement, and not like Macy's in that they create a separate line. However, has anyone ever used one of their promo offers? If not, for anybody who has ever used 0% interest for finance accounts, store cards, and/or general CCs, what does a payment go toward first? The promo offer, or any regular, revolving purchases?

Thanks :smileyhappy: Plan on buying myself a nice, new, queen bed (only ever had a twin, need to measure my room and shift some furniture around to make sure it fits!), and a new mattress to boot! Waiting until the sale is good again and i'll be using my employee discount!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

EQ FICO 735 TU FICO 747 Credit Karma (TU) 789 Transrisk 846/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 768 Credit.com (EX) 768 VantageScore 3.0 745
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Re: JCP Promotional Interest Offers?

*bump* any advice on how payments apply to a card when you have both regular purchases and special interest promotion purchases?

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

EQ FICO 735 TU FICO 747 Credit Karma (TU) 789 Transrisk 846/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 768 Credit.com (EX) 768 VantageScore 3.0 745
Frequent Contributor
Catacam

I would call into make your future payments and let them know how much you would like to go to the Promotional payment and to your regular balance. They will do that for you!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Regular Contributor
lanc

The Credit Card Act makes anything over the minimum apply to the higher interest payment. 

www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/law-bans-credit-card-payment-allocation-trickery-1282.php

Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

lanc wrote:

The Credit Card Act makes anything over the minimum apply to the higher interest payment. 

www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/law-bans-credit-card-payment-allocation-trickery-1282.php

Great! Thanks you two! I'll definitely call in to verify if and when I utilize the special financing, and good to know!

Blogger
HiLine

lanc wrote:

Does it mean if I have a transferred balance with 0% interest, any extra payment would go toward purchases which are being charged positive interest?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+