Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP ROLLING OUT NEW CARDS!

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

JCP ROLLING OUT NEW CARDS!

Hello everyone! Just grabbed the mail and found an envelop from jcp indicating "important information about your account". Upon inspection, there was a card inside!

Excited, I tore it open and inside was the new tiered JCP accounts! The platinum account cards are a solid black, with silver sparkley JCPenney across the card and "PLATINUM" on the top right. Account information and name regularly embossed in silver at the bottom.

Gonna update this about the new rewards program, just really excited to get my 2nd new updated plastic today! Woohoo!

If only I could post personal cards...i'll try to take a picture of the pamphlet!

Enclosed in the rewards packet was:

An extra 15% off home purchases from Sept 9.-Nov 23, good for 24 hours. 10% off furniture, mattresses, and custom decorating.

A $10 off JCP reward coupon, good until Nov 2

Each card still can earn up to 10 $10 coupons per month.

Platinum and Gold users receive a $15 birthday coupon; Red users receive $10.

Opportunity to earn bonus points throughout the year.

Savings Events for JCP card holders.

Special Promo Financing For cardmembers on furniture, window treatments, customer dec., and fine jewelry/watches.

Platinum and Gold users receive "passbook deals" (not sure what this is, but indicates it'll have "special offers and discounts").

Platinum Users receive a "special gift" coupon of $15 or $10; Gold Users receive $10.

Free Shipping for events for Platinum members.

image.jpeg

I know it's hard to see, since I wound up using my cell phone...but here you can see that each card is the same solid black and lettering design; just the colors of the lettering is different depending on your tier. $0-$499 a year is Red, $500-$999 is Gold, and $1000+ is Platinum.

Jesus I nearly had a heart attack out of excitement! As soon as I ripped it open and came down off my 5 second high, I ran right upstairs to type this up XD

For those JCP cardholders out there: enjoy!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: JCP ROLLING OUT NEW CARDS!

Guess I'll getting the 'plain, she won't care what it looks like since its been used twice' card.

Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 21
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Guess I'll getting the 'plain, she won't care what it looks like since its been used twice' card.

Smiley Sad

Sorry, lexie Smiley Sad but hey, so far they're all black, with just the lettering color being the difference! And, well, no spending tier title on the top right!

Message 3 of 21
mxp114
Valued Contributor

The cards look nice, thanks for the info. I have JCP but put an annual CVS charge to keep it active is about it. It's interesting they don't have the MasterCard anymore.

Message 4 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@daybreakgonesXe

It's ok...maybe I'll get mine soon.
Message 5 of 21
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

The cards look nice, thanks for the info. I have JCP but put an annual CVS charge to keep it active is about it. It's interesting they don't have the MasterCard anymore.

Indeed, mxp! I remember before I joined this forum, while working, I saw a select few had the JCP Mastercard. I knew when we did apps in the store we didn't offer it, so I decided to take a look. Looks like it was issued around the mid-2000's for customer's who didn't actively use their card. It was an incentive to get them to shop more, I guess through using the card at other stores. Since then, no more were ever distributed.

I totally forgot about the Mastercard until I was reading through my 15% coupon in the packet and it notes that "JCP Rewards Mastercard holders do not qualify for this promotion". This is the first time I've seen JCP disqualify the Mastercard holders from the cardholder discounts. Before the whole no-coupon brewhaha, when we had cardholder promotions, you didn't need a coupon. We would simply ask if the customer was using a JCP card or not, and hit a prompt on the screen. By hitting the "yes" or "no", the appropriate discount would be taken off, and the computer was smart enough to only allow JCP Store Card, JCP Mastercard, or Major JCP Purchase (aka deferred billing on JCP accounts).

For whatever reason, we don't have this prompt anymore. We just scan the appropriate barcode on the coupon they have in the flyer. Its way more efficient to just have a prompt (and less garbage), but I assume physical coupons make customers feel like they're saving more money compared to an associate simply asking "yes" or "no" Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

This is how I used to get folks to app for a normal JCP Card; I was #1 for credit apps at the JCP I worked at soooo long ago. They couldn't get a Discount on the MC version, but GE will allow you to have both cards. Lol
I always wanted and harrassed GE about getting a Mastercard upgrade, but as usual they said NO! Lol
I'm kinda sad I closed my $6500 JCP Card, but alas it was just hogging up credit in my collection! Lol-.-
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 21
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
This is how I used to get folks to app for a normal JCP Card; I was #1 for credit apps at the JCP I worked at soooo long ago. They couldn't get a Discount on the MC version, but GE will allow you to have both cards. Lol
I always wanted and harrassed GE about getting a Mastercard upgrade, but as usual they said NO! Lol
I'm kinda sad I closed my $6500 JCP Card, but alas it was just hogging up credit in my collection! Lol-.-

Haha, nice!

Even if you have a JCP card already, if they have switched to a new 3-digit starting account number (usually occurs each year), you can apply and receive a new one! I have heard a customer can have up to 5 open accounts in this case! My store manager has 3, and knows each account number by heart :X

I can see the use in having up to 2, though: one for regular purchases, and one for 0% financing purchases. And I suppose the up to 5 policy is a result of their being 4 different "codings" for 0% interest (furniture and mattress; window treatments; custom decorating; fine jewelry and watches), and then having another for regular purchases. Since I PIF my regular purchases, I can effectively manage both regular and promo purchases on one card.

Since I'm still working with the company, and understand the rewards program, the JCP card for me is here to stay. They have one of the best, if not THE best, store rewards program out there! And that's not even due to my company bias!

Message 8 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I should have kept mine:-( I'm sad now lol...
I still have my old account number memorized too! I actually have a lot of my cc#'s memorized(wish I did my calc hw like that! Lol)
I remember when I first got that card in 2009. I was THRILLED to get a $700 limit!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 21
Ron1
Super Contributor

I requested the replacement two weeks ago and they sent me the white JCP card. It doesn't look bad. I didn't know they still have JCP Mastercard. It thought they were discontinued many years ago when GE took over.

Ron.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.