Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP Reports Daily now no between use on closing dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCP Reports Daily now no between use on closing dates

capitalkid - as the manager told you I have found that to be true with my account as far back as I can remember. It has frustrated me as I tried to get $0 balance to report and it still reported a balance.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what happened to me.  My account with penny's has been At 0 since July 2014.  In December, I used the card to make a purchase so that I get free shipping.  Within 2 days, mid cycle, fico hit me with 3 points for using a dormant account.   So yes, I think that are reporting more than just at the end of the billing cycle.  I'm sure it's there in the small print where most of us won't read it.  

Message 12 of 13
newhis
Valued Contributor

So for the answers here, they report when you use the card to buy something and not for paying. The payment is reported until statement close date. Interesting.

EDIT: my wife JCP card is only reporting last statement balance. She bought $75 2 days after the statement cut (15 days ago) and the reports didn't change.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.