Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP, uurrgghhh....

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

JCP, uurrgghhh....

Dang! I have had my JCPenney's card since 1998. I'm pretty sure it started out at $300 so I've probably used it three times (literally). I did request a cli back in Feb of this year (after I joined this wonderful board) and they gave me $88. Smiley Mad Well, today I called again for a cli and now have a $1000 cl. In all fairness, they did give me what I asked for this time. I should have asked for more, but they're always so stingy. I'll hit'em up again in 6 months and ask for the full 3x cli. If it weren't my oldest card, I'd cut it in a heartbeat. I don't even shop there.

Are they backed by the same bank as Walmart/Discover card?

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Re: JCP, uurrgghhh....

I was denied for JCP, even though everyone seems to get approved for it. Not me Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 11
Laura2323
New Contributor

Just so you know, you can use the JCP credit card at CVS Pharmacy.  I don't shop at JCP often but I use it all the time at CVS.  You still earn the rewards, etc. as though you were shopping at JC Penney, which is kinda cool. 

Message 3 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yes, I'm pretty sure JCP is also a GECRB card (same as walmart, paypal, old navy, stuff like that) 

Message 4 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Yes, I'm pretty sure JCP is also a GECRB card (same as walmart, paypal, old navy, stuff like that) 

That is correct

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 11
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

If you don't use the card frequently, you won't get generous CLI.

Message 6 of 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

JCP is the only pre-approval offer i decided to ignore... just don't shop there ever. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 11
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Not sure if you, or anyone else here, knows this; but...

...if you have the JCP card and have a CVS drugstore near you, you can actually use the JCP card at CVS.  I've done so numerous times over the past several months, and have not had a single issue with it.

Just my 2.5 cents' worth!  Smiley Wink

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 8 of 11
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Wow....I did not apply for the jcpenney card because I rarely go there....that's interesting about cvs though. Can you use it at the whole store or just the pharmacy?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 9 of 11
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

The entire store. I have CVS right around the corner, my new JCP comes in handy.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.