Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPENNEY CARD???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JCPENNEY CARD???

How is this card and is it difficult to get?  Any info on scores you need?

Any info is appreciated, TIA

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCPENNEY CARD???

I think my score was around 620 when i got this card over a year ago. Dont apply on line, go into the store. I applied 3x on line and got declined each time. They've  done a hard on me twice for cli so now i dont request them any more. Hope this helpsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! 
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped in store.Approved for $600.Only pulled EQ with score of 700ish at the 4 month mark recieved another $400.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was declined since I was just approved for a Belk card a month prior.  My scores were low 600s then.

They did approve DH with $500 limit in 10/08.  Cli to $1k 3 months later.  His score was around 620 or so.

Message 5 of 17
QueenBean
Regular Contributor

I got this card a few months ago with a 2 year old dismissed BK & scores hovering around 590.  I applied online.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

any info re: util w/ other cards affecting the JCP card.  Do not want a hard inquiry if i don' have a good chance of being approved.....tia, Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

lessons learned:

Does GEMB have a limit on number of cards in a certain time frame?  Another poster was approved for Care Credit and Rooms to Go (Both GEMB) in the same week.  Maybe the first didn't show up when the second pulled the CR?

I'd like to figure this one out.  DH just approved for Care Credit and would like to talk to JCPenney about reinstating an account he closed in 01.

Message 8 of 17
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I opened 2 GE accounts in the same day twice. The first two were Bass Pro and Old Navy, July of last year. The next two were Chevron and WalMart in December of last year. Approved for all four. I now have 4 GE money accounts and the CLI are every 4 months with no hard pull. Except Bass Pro, they won't give me any luv.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@utah2009 wrote:

lessons learned:

Does GEMB have a limit on number of cards in a certain time frame?  Another poster was approved for Care Credit and Rooms to Go (Both GEMB) in the same week.  Maybe the first didn't show up when the second pulled the CR?

I'd like to figure this one out.  DH just approved for Care Credit and would like to talk to JCPenney about reinstating an account he closed in 01.

That was me who did Care Credit and Rooms to Go.  Actually, I app'ed Rooms to Go first.  That account and inquiry were both on my CR by the time I app'ed Care Credit about a month later.

Both were instant approvals.  Rooms to Go gave me $6,500 CL when I put $7,500 in as my purchase amount (I only used $4500 on the interest free till 2013 promo). 

Care Credit gave me the full $12,500 I put in as purchase amount.  I won't use $12.5k, but I don't want what I do end up using to be too high in utilization on that account.

Maybe I should test GEMB to see if they still love me....three times a charm?  LOL  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.