Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney $1500 CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCPenney $1500 CLI

@Hairy_Satchel wrote:
Thanks for the info. I just hit the JCP luv button and got a $1000 cli. Mine sat at $500 forever and within the last year it has been raised to $2400. Now if they would only lower the 22% apr to something a little more sane.  Smiley Happy

Didn't you hear about the JCPenney new 0% rate?

It's 0% with 1 easy payment plans!  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 22
Client9
Regular Contributor

can someone post the Luv Button?  I have had my JCP card for 20 years and stuck at $400.

EQ 786

TU 730

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanx tx,

I was coming up on the end of my fourth statement, so was going to pop the luv button in about ten days.

Went ahead and hit it today - Yay!  Up from $1200 to $1800!  It's just a hair higher than my Macy's - so it's my highest card right now.

Good for a rebuilder - Total CL's gone from $500 to $6850 in 11 months.  Thanks to the boards!!

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Client9 wrote:

can someone post the Luv Button?  I have had my JCP card for 20 years and stuck at $400.

EQ 786

TU 730

Client9 - if you don't see a link to "Request a Credit Limit Increase" or something like that next to your current balance online, call the backdoor number stickied at the top of the Credit Cards Forum.  The number they give there for JC Penney is 800-542-0800. 

It might be good to talk to a real person and find out what's going on with your account.  I know years ago (and a different JCPenney Acct. which I later closed), I asked for a CLI and they explained to me that because my utilization was too high, and because I only paid the minimum payment, that I was not eligible for an increase.  It was totally mind-boggling to me.  I thought because I didn't go over limit and paid the minimum due every month that I was a good candidate!  Wish I would have had these boards back then!  But at least the CSR explained what they were looking for.

Good luck!  Nice scores, by the way!

Message 14 of 22
Client9
Regular Contributor

thanks.  I have never understood why the low limit.  My utilization is less than 2%, never been late with them either.  I will try the number listed for kicks and grins.  I buy a bath towel here and there to exercise the JCP card.

Message 15 of 22
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, after reading beamMEup's post I said what the heck and hit the luv button as it would of been 4 months next week after I recieved my last cli, sure enough JCPenny is in the holiday spirit of giving and I recieved an $800.00 cli now I am at $1,800.00 total cl.

I would say though out of all the GEMB accounts JCPenny's is the better of the choice of having a store card as they are generous with the cli's just like Macy's.  Out of all the GEMB cards I would recommended JCPenny's over the others.

4/09 account opened $500.00 cl

7/09 given cli of $500.00 ( account only 3 months old)

11/09 given cli of $800.00

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:

Hi everyone, after reading beamMEup's post I said what the heck and hit the luv button as it would of been 4 months next week after I recieved my last cli, sure enough JCPenny is in the holiday spirit of giving and I recieved an $800.00 cli now I am at $1,800.00 total cl.

I would say though out of all the GEMB accounts JCPenny's is the better of the choice of having a store card as they are generous with the cli's just like Macy's.  Out of all the GEMB cards I would recommended JCPenny's over the others.

I got an initial $350 CL with JCPenney and recently CLI to $1800

But I got $14,000 Care Credit, and $6500 on Rooms to Go (both GEMB), so I JCPenney was the least generous in terms of GEMB for me.

The other strange thing is that GEMB pulled EQ for both Rooms to Go and Care Credit.  But they pulled TU for JCPenney.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:

That's been the case for me, too.  I have 3 GEMB cards: JCP, Dillard's, Walmart; all opened the same day.  (All pulled EQ as well)

Dillard's opened with $700 - CLI at 4 mos to $950.  (From these boards it looks like $250 is a standard increase)

JCP opened with $1200 - CLI at 4 mos. to $1800

Walmart opened with $500 - no CLI yet (From these boards it looks like $100-150 is a common increase)

I'm hoping they all upgrade - but I hear that JCP very rarely upgrades and its by invitation only.  Forget now what they upgrade the store card to.  MC?

Message 18 of 22
tray
Valued Contributor

That is interesting I did not know this store has an upgrade to ?MC, never heard of it.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 19 of 22
irish_girl
Valued Member

DH has JCP card opened in July 2009 w/ $400 limit. Hit the luv button and he was instantly approved for a $1500 CLI. Nice. I'm sure they're wanting him to spend some Xmas money at their store. Hope he spends some on me. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.