Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney $1500 CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JCPenney $1500 CLI

This was one of those "app'ers remorse" deals.  We did school shopping earlier this year at JCPenney and did the app for 10% in addition to the sales they were having.

Initial CL:  $350  (I have 6 kids and the bill was around $1200).  Anyway, put $279 on the card then PIF and never used again.  Last week they gave a $1500 CLI.  I guess they hope I'll do some Christmas shopping with them if they give me more credit.  Been about 4 months since I opened it.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Re: JCPenney $1500 CLI

Did you use JCP's Luv Button? Or was this an automatic CLI? Reason I am asking is because I've had my JCP card for 7 years and I still have the initial $300 CL since I opened the account.

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, sorry about not giving that detail....I hit the LUV button because it annoys me to see that silly little CL on my CR's.....LOL.

Anyway, they gave my sone a $1350 CLI same week (he had $150 CL prior and only had the account for 5 months and is only 21).

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee18 wrote:

Did you use JCP's Luv Button? Or was this an automatic CLI? Reason I am asking is because I've had my JCP card for 7 years and I still have the initial $300 CL since I opened the account.

Do you have the Luv button? I would definitely hit it, I hit mine the same week I got my card and was told I have to wait 4 months before I can get an increase, Smiley Very Happy but from what I have seen posted here, it seems like almost everyone gets something every 4 months from them.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have kept the account in good standing and your credit in general didn't take a huge nose dive (new derogs, etc.) then you should get a CLI at 4 months, but not sooner.  ( originally I tried immediate CLI because the CL was so low...got the 4 month message as well).

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a CLI from JCPennys as well. My initial CL was a measly $100. I hit the luv button and got approved for a new CL of $1,500. Did this for my wifes' Pennies card also. Same exact deal....$100 to $1,500. Opened them in June '09.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their prepin' for Christmas season Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Their prepin' for Christmas season Smiley Wink

Yep they sure are. I'll tell you what though....I would have never even considered pursuing a CLI with this card given what I have read about it. Hats off to you for tipping off all of us who have this card. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

NP.  Glad it worked out for you too.

I have found that something that interests me, usually will interest more than just me.

Smiley Happy  so share the info when you get some!

Message 9 of 22
Hairy_Satchel
New Contributor

Thanks for the info. I just hit the JCP luv button and got a $1000 cli. Mine sat at $500 forever and within the last year it has been raised to $2400. Now if they would only lower the 22% apr to something a little more sane.  Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.