Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney Approved - But low limit.

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

JCPenney Approved - But low limit.

Just pulled the trigger and apped for a JCPenney card. Approved for CL $200. Wonder how long does it take for it to grow.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: JCPenney Approved - But low limit.

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Just pulled the trigger and apped for a JCPenney card. Approved for CL $200. Wonder how long does it take for it to grow.

JCP is GEMB, they grow upto 1500 or so very quickly. You can get a CLI every 3-4 months. (not sure if its 3 or 4). My JCP grew from 300 to 1800 in abt 8 months and thats where its now.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 13
joestay
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Congratz

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB historically grants CLI's after every fourth statement if you call and request a CLI.  JCPenney grows nicely.

Congrats!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an open $200 line with them dating back to 2001. Totally forgot about it until I pulled my credit report.

Called them and asked them for a CLI stating that I would start to again use the card. They declined me!

So, I told them to close the account! That may have "dinged" my by a point or two from the aging perspective though...

Oh well...

Ray

Message 5 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an open $200 line with them dating back to 2001. Totally forgot about it until I pulled my credit report.

Called them and asked them for a CLI stating that I would start to again use the card. They declined me!

So, I told them to close the account! That may have "dinged" my by a point or two from the aging perspective though...

Oh well...

Ray

Closed accounts normally report for ten years after closing before falling off. As long as they show on your reports, whether open or closed, they're counted in your history. So no ding until 2021. Smiley Wink

(Unless you needed that CL to help your util, and now your reported util would be higher.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally forgot about that!    Smiley Sad

Thanks for the reminder!!!

Ray

Message 7 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Congrats! I just got approved for one a little over a week ago, with the same $200 CL. I guess we'll get to watch them grow together. Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats! I just got approved for one a little over a week ago, with the same $200 CL. I guess we'll get to watch them grow together. Smiley Wink

Yes we will. Smiley Very Happy

So is CLI auto, or do you have to request it?

Message 9 of 13
vish1
Valued Contributor

I got my first CLI from 300 to 1500 automatically after about 3-4 months (not sure 3 or 4) and then the next one 1500 to 1800 I requested online...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.