cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney Authorized User. when will it show on my credit?

tag
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

JCPenney Authorized User. when will it show on my credit?

i was added to a JCPenney card as a spouse AU and they said it will show on my credit i was added on monday to that card and now its wednesday and it still hasnt shown up on my reports and when we called and asked they said the info was sent to the bureaus monday night so when is it gonna show up on my credit report?

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
rosasjulian

Re: JCPenney Authorized User. when will it show on my credit?

I dont think if your an authorized user you it will show on your credit report. I just added my wife to my walmart card as an authorized user and all they asked me was here first and last name and they said they will send a second card for her in a week. So they didnt even ask for her social. Authorized user just means they can use the card and make purchase with it.

Message 2 of 17
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

they said if your added as a spouse it will show on your credit. they dont need your social my grandmother added me on here bank of america card as a AU and they didnt ask for my social but it still popped up on my credit.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will show up on your credit report, I have my wife and daughter added to my Walmart and Chevron cards and both of those cards show up on their reports. It may take a week or so before it shows up though.

Message 4 of 17
rosasjulian

Oh well i dont know because i dont see how it can show up on your credit if they dont ask for your social.

Message 5 of 17
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

oh ok so about a week?

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

i was added to a JCPenney card as a spouse AU and they said it will show on my credit i was added on monday to that card and now its wednesday and it still hasnt shown up on my reports and when we called and asked they said the info was sent to the bureaus monday night so when is it gonna show up on my credit report?

It will report when the statement closes...at least from my experience 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it should be a week at the most, but YMMV.

They only ask for your name, but they use the card holders address as well, so with both of those pieces of info they can add to your report, however if you live at a different location that can cause problems.

Message 8 of 17
nbknxf2
Established Member

I added my wife on two cards of mine as AU.  Wasn't asked for SSN but they showed up on her report.

Message 9 of 17
rosasjulian

Well if thats the case CYRION i dont think they will find her social because we live together but she dosent have a credit report as if you pull it nothing comes up because she has 0 credit nothing has ever been in here name so they dont even have an address for her.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.