Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney Card Holders

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

JCPenney Card Holders

So, as JCP looks like it's coming closer and closer to the "end".. I wonder what will happen to all of us who have a JCP card? If they are bought out by a store like Macys, then i wonder if they will convert the cards to a Macys CC.. If they just go out and they arent merged then it looks like our CC's will be shut down Smiley Sad *plays sad and dramatic music* haha

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: JCPenney Card Holders

@Tommy5746 wrote:

So, as JCP looks like it's coming closer and closer to the "end".. I wonder what will happen to all of us who have a JCP card? If they are bought out by a store like Macys, then i wonder if they will convert the cards to a Macys CC.. If they just go out and they arent merged then it looks like our CC's will be shut down Smiley Sad *plays sad and dramatic music* haha

I'd lose a 6K line with them Smiley Sad

Eh i'll just get a round of luv on my other 7 GE accounts to make it up!!!Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@LS

I was thinking the same thing!

Credit solutions, here I come !
Message 3 of 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

Meh. Although I don't see Penney's going under as quickly as you say (especially considering we fired Ron Johnson and seem to be turning back to the "old ways", aka coupons up the whazzo, sales, and St. John's Bay coming back...), I do worry what will happen if they a.) close before I can get an entry-level position in Meteorology, considering JCP is my part time job in the meantime, and b.) close my account.

It makes me think...in 5, 10, 20, 30+ years from now, what will happen to each of my 6 cards? Cards come and go due to stores closing and banks going under or changing hands. Will the issuer just flat out cancel the account? Will they offer a product change? Will they keep it going and just not accept new applications until it practically gets phased out by people closing their existing accounts or product changing them?

Message 4 of 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I must have been under a rock because this is the first that I'm hearing about this Smiley Embarassed.

But anyway, if they do close the doors perhaps our cards will be replaced with CVS cards...j/k.  I just hope that Cap1 doesn't buy the accounts!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 6
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

+1e

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.