Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney credit card app

tag
Cheyenne2584
Established Member

JCPenney credit card app

About a week ago, I applied for a JCP card and received the "7-10 day' mesage.  I still haven't received a letter or email with heir decision, nor have I received a card, but in my email today I received an email that says, "We're So Glad You're Here...." and goes on to talk about JCP Rewards, and "as a JCP credit cardmember..."  Does that mean I've been approved and I should be receiving my card within the next few days?

Starting Score: 609
Current Score: 609
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: JCPenney credit card app

Well it certainly sounds like it.  Why don't you just call credit services and ask them?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 11
MrCredit
Established Contributor

It sounds as if your approved. I would wait patiently and see if you get the card. The card takes a while, what you could also do is call their Customer Service number at 800-542-0800 and ask them to see if they have an account under your SSN. Good luck.

FYI they usually pull EQ.

Message 3 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Cheyenne2584 wrote:

About a week ago, I applied for a JCP card and received the "7-10 day' mesage.  I still haven't received a letter or email with heir decision, nor have I received a card, but in my email today I received an email that says, "We're So Glad You're Here...." and goes on to talk about JCP Rewards, and "as a JCP credit cardmember..."  Does that mean I've been approved and I should be receiving my card within the next few days?

Welcome to the forumSmiley Wink I too think your approved so I'll sumbit my congrats now!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Cheyenne2584 wrote:

They probably havent sent you nothing cuz you were approved and the card is on the way...Smiley Happy

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 11
Cheyenne2584
Established Member

Thanks everybody!  It appears that I may have been approved, but I'm not holding my breath until I have the card in my hand!  Although I have a Care Credit card with a $3K limit on it, it seems that when I went on my application marathon last week, I got turned down for the store cards that are issued by GE Capital Retail Money Bank, but got approved for the ones issued by Comenity (sp?)....  It's taken be a LONG time to even get where I am now, which is not even close to where I want to be... a few late  payments to SAllie Mae really messed up my credit (one payment covered 7 loans =7 dings to credit for each late payment.... Smiley Sad  )

Message 6 of 11
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Credit cards and welcome packets are often mailed from separate addresses.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 7 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Also, since youre more than likely approved, you can go into any jcp store, show an ID and enter your ssn in our keypad, and out pops your card number! We can also happily let you know of your credit line Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Cheyenne2584
Established Member

Well, it was a "no go" on the JCPenney credit application.  I received my rejection letter yesterday in the mail.  The JCP Rewards that I am now a part of is something that anybody can be a part of; you basically sync up your debit or other credit card to JCPenney and they keep track of what you spend and issue rewards for every X amount of dollars spent.  According to GECRB, my credit score was only 442!!!!!!!  However, the score that I pulled directly from TransUnion was 611!  Not sure what's going on...

Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Its prob 442/600 or so..
It's their internal score, not a FiCo
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.