Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

Re: JCPenney credit card app

Cheyenne2584 wrote:

Well, it was a "no go" on the JCPenney credit application.  I received my rejection letter yesterday in the mail.  The JCP Rewards that I am now a part of is something that anybody can be a part of; you basically sync up your debit or other credit card to JCPenney and they keep track of what you spend and issue rewards for every X amount of dollars spent.  According to GECRB, my credit score was only 442!!!!!!!  However, the score that I pulled directly from TransUnion was 611!  Not sure what's going on...

Well sorry to hear about that. But dont let this get you down...its all part of a long journey of either building credit or rebounding from bad credit. I have had a good share of those letters in the mail. Their score is an internal scoring that i know GE uses (I had s similiar score back when i applied for a Sams Club credit card).

biggest limits: BofA Privilege (33K)/ BofA Cash Rewards (27k)/ Citi AA WEMC (26k)/ Penfed Rewards (22.5k)/ Chase United Explorer (22k)
Fico 08 scores (6/21/14) EX: 758 TU: 759 EQ: 755 (high Utilization for me at the moment @10% so gardening mode).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+