Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCPenney

I just got approved for $200 CL from JCPenney.  Wow!!!  I have a Belk for $250 and JCP for $200 in one month.  I might wait nine months and get a Dillards card so I can take advantage of the clearance specials on clothing in Feb/Sept.  With that $200, I can go to CVS or Rite Aid and buy stuff, and get a new rx for glasses. 
Message 11 of 18
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

I had a JCPenney card in the late 80s.  I wonder if they'd re-open it, since it's been closed since around 2000 or so?  Would be great to have that history. I'd even shop there for that.  Smiley Happy  Anyone ever succeeded in doing so? 
Message 12 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

I had this card back in 2000.  In 2003 I sued GEMB for turning my account over to a CA who violated my rights.  The limit on the card was $300.  I received a $2500 settlement and the option to keep the account open.  The account stop reporting on my credit reports this month. 
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TangMeister wrote:
I had a JCPenney card in the late 80s.  I wonder if they'd re-open it, since it's been closed since around 2000 or so?  Would be great to have that history. I'd even shop there for that.  Smiley Happy  Anyone ever succeeded in doing so? 

Nope, can't get that re-opened.  The credit is not the same lender backing since the 80's.  Back in the old days many stores carried their own credit.  Now a days, most have third party backing.

Message 14 of 18
Client9
Regular Contributor

i have had this card for 20+ years and have never gone higher than a $400 limit.  I just keep it aorund to help with the age of credit.  I buy a towel here and there  to keep it exercised.
Message 15 of 18
monicar2009
New Contributor

I got the card a few months ago andd made a few small purchases. Had a $250 limit. Called a week ago and got an increase to $1500. Try calling
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You shouldn't even need to call...just go to their online site and click the love button there. JCP is good for a CLI every 3-4 months, or at least until you reach some predetermined limit.
Message 17 of 18
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I just apped online and approved for $200. Don't know who they pulled yet but my experiance with GEMB says they probably pulled equ. I had an account with JC Penny years ago that I believe went bad. I don't know who serviced the account back then though. This makes 5 GEMB cards for me and they are all pretty good about CLI's every 4 months. I've got to stay away from the app button, Alliant CC in my sights.
Message Edited by dizbuster on 07-20-2009 02:44 AM
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.