Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenny CLI

tag
amp0804
Regular Contributor

JCPenny CLI

Ive had my JCPenny card for about 2 years I got it initally with a $400 limit. Last year they cut my limit to my balance of $190. Tonight I was going through  my cards and calling backdoor numbers for CLI's. I went on the JcPenny website and it had a luv button, clicked and approved for an increase to $1,800.00!

Pretty nice first time using a luv button and loved the outcome. Dont really use the JCPenny card once in a blue moon but nice to know I have it.

Message Edited by amp0804 on 11-03-2009 09:33 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCPenny CLI

Congrats, nice increase, I'm hoping I get one in another month too Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Congrads!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@VEEVEE wrote:
Congrads!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase. I applied about 3 weeks ago to JCP and they started me with 100.00. I was so tempted to close it, but the rep said (when I called to RECON) just buy something small and each month and pay it off for 3 months and you will get an increase.So I went and bought something for 58.00. Then on Saturday I saw JCP was haveing a sale and I called for the heck of it to see if they could increase my CL, I swore they would say no being that I only had the card for 3 weeks and after 5 min of being on hold the woman came back on the line and said I can give you $2500.00. I said excuse me.. LOL she said is that ok.. Sure is:-)

In 3 weeks from 100.00 to a whopping 2500.00.. NIce.. Love it!!!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, nice. What kind of scores do you have?

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the increase. I applied about 3 weeks ago to JCP and they started me with 100.00. I was so tempted to close it, but the rep said (when I called to RECON) just buy something small and each month and pay it off for 3 months and you will get an increase.So I went and bought something for 58.00. Then on Saturday I saw JCP was haveing a sale and I called for the heck of it to see if they could increase my CL, I swore they would say no being that I only had the card for 3 weeks and after 5 min of being on hold the woman came back on the line and said I can give you $2500.00. I said excuse me.. LOL she said is that ok.. Sure is:-)

In 3 weeks from 100.00 to a whopping 2500.00.. NIce.. Love it!!!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just bought a car so I know my Experian is 701 My EQ is 700 and TU is my lowest which I dont know why is 655. I raised my scores thanks to these forums in about a year from high 500's to the above. The problem that I have is that I have many inq. on my report. If i didnt have those I am sure my scores would be higher.

My JCP is my highest inital 100.00 recon 2500.00

Macy's just raised me a few days ago from 1400 to 2100

Bloomies got inital 200.00 limit called to recon gave me 1000.00

Kohls intial was 300.00 called to recon got 1000.00

then I have some smaller limits, on Visa, Master

I dont know, but i am hoping that being I have some high limits it may help my score a bit. I have read somewhere else it does help. Crossing finger..

Thanks~!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just bought a car so I know my Experian is 701 My EQ is 700 and TU is my lowest which I dont know why is 655. I raised my scores thanks to these forums in about a year from high 500's to the above. The problem that I have is that I have many inq. on my report. If i didnt have those I am sure my scores would be higher.

My JCP is my highest inital 100.00 recon 2500.00

Macy's just raised me a few days ago from 1400 to 2100

Bloomies got inital 200.00 limit called to recon gave me 1000.00

Kohls intial was 300.00 called to recon got 1000.00

then I have some smaller limits, on Visa, Master

I dont know, but i am hoping that being I have some high limits it may help my score a bit. I have read somewhere else it does help. Crossing finger..

Thanks~!

Congrats - that's some awesome work!!!  Having Higher Credit Limits won't help your FICO (that's FAKO commentary) but it will help other things - like your utilization, and possibly CL's on other cards.  Way to go!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a JCPENNY card 100 dollar credit limit Smiley Sad i request an increase but was declined everytime you request an increase is that a hard or soft pull? would like to know because i did one for jcpenny and two for capital one thanks.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.