Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPennys Did a soft InQ???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JCPennys Did a soft InQ???

Well in May I applied to Jcpennys I really!!!! wanted this card bc I love the store I was denied I forgot the reasons ! at the time I didnt have any CC only old paid as agreed installment loans about 11 anyway why?I have a car loan never late a 4 new CC now all with 1000-1500CL are the doing a soft inQ on my CR should I call them?? and I ask do they want to extend credit to me? has this happen 2 u? I have score watch from EQ thats how I found out I was denied I believe the pulled Transunion and Experian IDK???   
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: JCPennys Did a soft InQ???

CapOne is like that for me. I appd in November and January after being bombarded by their marketing info. I was denied both times. Even after that, I still get a soft pull once monthly since January. It is labled as a promotional inquiry. However, I blacklisted them after the second denial.

I'd make sure that soft is a promotional inquiry rather than an AR inquiry.
Message 2 of 5
adamseve
Established Contributor

How can you make sure an inquiry is a promotional versus AR?

Also, what do you mean you blacklisted Cap1?  Did you decide to blacklist them from your wishlist?
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

adamseve wrote:
How can you make sure an inquiry is a promotional versus AR?

On the org. reports, it'll usually list the inquiry but also have a couple letters prior to the creditor that may say AR or PRM. If PRM, then it is just a promotional inquiry. If AR, then it is trying to check your CR due to having a CapOne acct. I was thinking worst-case scenario that someone accepted a CapOne in your name and the CC hasn't reported yet. Not every soft inquiry has that though.

adamseve wrote:

Also, what do you mean you blacklisted Cap1?  Did you decide to blacklist them from your wishlist?

If I published a wishlist with CapOne listed in it then let me know ASAP and I'll edit!!!

Since November, I've had growing resentment against CapOne. They tend to approve lower CLs. They pull all three. Their reporting isn't always reliable (but improved greatly compared to last yr). They hinted that I was pre-approved. Weekly I get the same marketing info that says, "At some point we lost you as a customer....we want you back...." or something along those lines. I apped after seeing that, twice, and was denied twice. Finally, their unwillingness to work with 2 lates I have with them from 2002 and DW's paid CapOne convinced me they rank just a hair above First Premier.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay Thank you both for sharing your experiences! LOL I remember reading yrs IIlecs! I guess there trying to see what offer they want to give me I had high 500 's at the time now Im on my way to high 700's! so I dont knw i probally will forgive them bc I didnt even have a CC at the time when i applied also I should have waited till my scores were at least 620 and abv!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.