Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCREW and ANN TAYLOR approved and received

tag
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

JCREW and ANN TAYLOR approved and received

Just  got the cards today. so little info for those wondering about the Comenity Bank cards. Did  the shopping trick for both sites and they  SP my EQ and approved me for $500 each. I am still in rebuilding process and was kind of surprised that  they approved me. I have 3 open collections with Midland which I am trying to PFD with no success and 1 chargeoff from 2010. 

Cap1 $500 limit open3/12  Credit one Bank  $500 limit  open 3/12   Chase Auto lease $9300 balance open 6/12   Honda Auto Lease 9200 Balance open12/12 JCrew $500 limit open 4/13  Ann Taylor $500 Limit 4/12

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: JDREW and ANN TAYLOR approved and received

Congrats on your new cards!!

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 9
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Thanx. Feels good to hear approved for a change.lool

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: JCREW and ANN TAYLOR approved and received

congrats! I have the JCrew card and that card will grow very slowly but steadily over time!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 5 of 9
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval for the new cards.

I would suggest that any more applications in the immediate future are only going to hurt you.

The open accounts in your signature are all very recent, and the collections and charge-off appear to be pretty recent. 

You're going to have to manage your present credit lines responsibly for at least six more months, if you want to qualify for a prime card before the end of the year.

Otherwise, you will only be given very small limits, and still have to pay an annual fee.

Good luck on your journey !!

Message 6 of 9
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the input. Actually the chargeoff and collections are from 2010  but I am   trying to pay and delete them.  Do  I really have a chance to get  a prime card in 6 month with those collections remaining on my report ?. I  was planning of opening a high limit secured card with my CU . what do you think?

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 7 of 9
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

I would let your most recent inquiries mellow for six months.  By that time, your baddies will be at the half-way point of falling off (if you can get them deleted - all the better).

Aggressively applying for new credit lines is counter-productive (especially for a relatively new credit profile).

Some people think that getting lots of credit lines in a short time is a good idea, (sometimes they even go on "app sprees"), but they are ignorant of the effect it is having on their FICO Bankruptcy Risk Score - then they act surprised when their limits are suddenly reduced or even cancelled.

Build your credit gradually, and work on the negative marks.

A high-limit secured card is also a great idea, if you can afford the collateralization.

Message 8 of 9
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

I would let your most recent inquiries mellow for six months.  By that time, your baddies will be at the half-way point of falling off (if you can get them deleted - all the better).

Aggressively applying for new credit lines is counter-productive (especially for a relatively new credit profile).

Some people think that getting lots of credit lines in a short time is a good idea, (sometimes they even go on "app sprees"), but they are very ignorant of the effect it is having on their FICO Bankruptcy Risk Score - then they act surprised when their limits are suddenly reduced or even cancelled.

Build your credit gradually, and work on the negative marks.

A high-limit secured card is also a great idea, if you can afford the collateralization

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Got it.  I have about 5k to open a secured card so I guess I go for the secured card route and try to delete those collections . Meantime no more credit cards till all the baddies are off.

Thanks for taking the time.

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.