cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JFCU / Slow Very, Very Very Slow.........

tag
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

JFCU / Slow Very, Very Very Slow.........

I have been trying to just get my membership application approved with them, I am @ week 3. My application has been with the "risk management" people for almost 2 weeks and still no word. (Stupid Fraud Alert)

This is really just nuts! I have never see anything take this long! If they don't want my money I wish they would just tell me!

Message Edited by MJVBAK on 05-07-2008 12:09 AM
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JFCU / SLOW.....

I had the same problem only to acquire two hards and a denial.  I waited for 3 weeks, they made up excuses about being short staffed, then after all that was said and done, DENIED ME stating that they couldn't verify my identity.  HA!  Maybe that is why I still haven't received my denial letter or check back...perhaps they sent it to whomever they THINK I am.

I wish there were some insight as to what to do.  I really wanted to join this credit union.  This is a bunch of BS.
Message 2 of 38
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

The other thing that annoys me is the 2 overnight packages that I had to send $60.00 and another $35.00 to to join the NSA and the $35.00 M/O I sent them to speed up the process. So I guess I'm out $130 and 2 Hard Inqs.

lesson learned. JFCU Stinks!
Message 3 of 38
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

If you qualify, I'm sure NFCU would love to have you.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Join the club! Wasted overnight fees, they have sent my money order to God knows where, they have no answers except wait on a letter that I have yet to receive and they can't confirm my identity, I do not know why they can't they pulled the Credit Report twice, this is really a mess. 
Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they got overloaded and scared. I'm waiting to apply.
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JFCU / Slow Very, Very Very Slow.........

I just applied over the phone last night.

I'll keep you posted if I get the same results or different.
Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG.  O K I have heard it all.

When I initally applied for JFCU they stated that I couldn't join because they couldn't verify my identity.  So I waited and waited and waited for that letter.  It never showed up.

I FINALLY talked to Theresa again.  I couldn't believe my ears.  Now she is saying they couldn't really come up with a letter so they denied me because I had to many inquiries recently on my report.  I HAVE A TOTAL OF 5 INQUIRIES IN 2 YEARS, THE MOST RECENT IS SEPT OF LAST YEAR!

I am livid!

Message 8 of 38
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

Calling now to pull my application with them.
Message 9 of 38
smallfry
Senior Contributor

These credit unions have been swamped with inquiries for credit since they have been mentioned on CB and here as well as other credit boards. Like I've said before I heard some weird things about them grilling people about the circumstances surrounding their BK things like that. If I want conversation I'll talk to the waitress at the diner. Not professional enuf for my liking. Go with Penfed. Anyone can join.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.