cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JFCU pulling all 3 reports - heads up for all !

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

JFCU pulling all 3 reports - heads up for all !

Hi gang,

Here's the scoop in my case at least. I applied for a CC w/ JFCU about 3 weeks ago and they pulled EQ only and approved me for a 5k CC contingent on membership.

Fine , no problem. I app for membership and it's been a little while . Sent all the doc' and made a few phone calls. It's in review, blah,blah ,blah.

Two days ago (5/30) I get a notice on TC saying that I've got 3 inq's. Check it out and it's something called 'Equifax Mortgage Lending Service'. I've got to wait until Monday to call though. On EX and TU there's just basic info but at the bottom of the EQ notice under 'End User Text' is 'Justice Federal Cred'. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Call Justice today, they say membership will send me something in a day or two about that issue, so I ask about the INQ's. The CR knows nothing about it and was kind of suprised , told me to call them and then call her back directly and let her know what I find out.

I call the "Equifaf MTG LS' number and a very helpful woman told me that JFCU does use their service and they do not just do mortgage checks, that they are a division of EQ, and that they are used for credit checks also.

She pulls up JFCU's acct # w/ them and gives it to me, gives me the order # from the date they were pulled, gives me the phone # of the person or office that called in the request and says I can check for myself. Someone at JFCU gave the go ahead.

Now all this is fine. I initiated the application and by doing so I assume any risk of them pulling and doing all of this. I'm totally cool with that. No need to call JFCU back as far as I'm concerned.

What I'm doing is giving anyone else a heads up because it seemed to be common knowledge around here (and on other sites) that JFCU pulled EQ exclusively. This is what happened w/ NASA a while ago if I recall.

Be prepared for a possible hard inq on all 3 CRA's if you apply for membership w JFCU.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JFCU pulling all 3 reports - heads up for all !

Now where is the Justice in that!
Message 2 of 3
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: JFCU pulling all 3 reports - heads up for all !

Funny , very funny,. I got so many inq's from my spree a while ago it really doesn't matter.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.