Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature Card

tag
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature Card

@TangMeister wrote:

@MS00000000 wrote:

I just went back to look at Chase's site and in the list of cards, it does say "Exclusively for J.P. Morgan Clients" but it didn't say that when I applied, and it didn't say that anywhere in the online application process either. Maybe it's a cruel tease and they'll send me a letter saying "haha, just kidding. You don't get the card after all." Hmm.

Congrats!  I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll receive the card.  Would you mind sharing/ball-parking the credit limit you were approved for?  I'm cuious if they're giving out 5 figure limits or being stingy.  Smiley Wink

The site says there's no preset spending limit, but I asked the rep when I called what the limit was and she said it was $5000.  Some might think that's stingy, but my other Chase card is at $1500 after starting at $500 about 6 years ago, so I'm quite pleased with $5000.  They might well give out 5 figure limits to others though. 

Message 11 of 24
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@MS00000000 wrote:

@TangMeister wrote:

@MS00000000 wrote:

I just went back to look at Chase's site and in the list of cards, it does say "Exclusively for J.P. Morgan Clients" but it didn't say that when I applied, and it didn't say that anywhere in the online application process either. Maybe it's a cruel tease and they'll send me a letter saying "haha, just kidding. You don't get the card after all." Hmm.

Congrats!  I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll receive the card.  Would you mind sharing/ball-parking the credit limit you were approved for?  I'm cuious if they're giving out 5 figure limits or being stingy.  Smiley Wink

The site says there's no preset spending limit, but I asked the rep when I called what the limit was and she said it was $5000.  Some might think that's stingy, but my other Chase card is at $1500 after starting at $500 about 6 years ago, so I'm quite pleased with $5000.  They might well give out 5 figure limits to others though. 

Ah, thanks!  It is a good starting limit vs. the other Chase card.  Congrats again!

Message 12 of 24
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:

@MS00000000 wrote:

@TangMeister wrote:

@MS00000000 wrote:

Ah, thanks!  It is a good starting limit vs. the other Chase card.  Congrats again!

Thanks!

Message 13 of 24
daylove
Regular Contributor

I got a week ago the JP Morgan Ritz Carlton and they have the chip and pin version. I am very familiar with this system as I travel to Europe often. It is easy to use and you won't have any problem just remember the pin.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the ritz card chip and pin or chip and signature?

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Would you mind sharing your income/score range? I would be really interested in knowing if this is someting I could get approved forSmiley Happy

Message 16 of 24
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval! Would you mind sharing your income/score range? I would be really interested in knowing if this is someting I could get approved forSmiley Happy

Income is about $70K & not sure which bureau they pulled, or what current scores are, but they should be hovering right around 700, maybe as high as 720 for Experian. The more I read about Chase & how they're trying to pull Amex customers, the more I think they saw my 4 Amex accounts in my report that I use heavily and factored that in the decision. 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want another data point, my score is about 770 and income 120-150. I have 3 Amex cards (1 I'm closing soon) if that means anything to the point above. Im an existing customer and travel international 1-2 times per year. Btw, points do transfer to co/ua, which I think was asked before. Also this is a chip and sig card not chip and pin.
Message 18 of 24
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you want another data point, my score is about 770 and income 120-150. I have 3 Amex cards (1 I'm closing soon) if that means anything to the point above. Im an existing customer and travel international 1-2 times per year. Btw, points do transfer to co/ua, which I think was asked before. Also this is a chip and sig card not chip and pin.

Even though I haven't received the card yet, it is now showing online in my Chase account. There isn't a lot of info on the benefits and it says to refer to the guide that I haven't received yet. However, the rewards link is active and it looks like for this card for airlines specifically the rewards points transfer to British Airways and it's partners (American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Aer Lingus, Brussels Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malev, Mexicana, Royal Jordanian, and Qantas), Continental and Korean Air at 1-1 in increments of 1000 points.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received this card in the mail. It is NOT chip & pin it's chip & signature. When I called to find out what the pin was (because there want one defined in the material that came with the card) I was told that they do not currently have chip & pin technology in the US and there is "no commit date" for when they will. They can assign a pin to the card if you want to use it to get ATM cash advances (right, at 19.24% I'll do that).

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.