cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton?

tag
TeeJayHoward

JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton?

I applied (and was instantly approved) for the JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton card yesterday. I didn't discover the 140K points offer until this morning. Is it possible to have the points applied retroactively? I called to inquire, and was informed that the account is still "being built", and that "they can connect my rewards account after". I'm not sure I HAVE a rewards account. I just want the double points. What information do I need to know for when I call back in a few days? What is the technical term for the F5BP code? How was it sent out to targeted members - via email, snail mail, etc?

And what's this "Garden" I keep reading about?

Ent Visa SignatureJP Morgan Ritz-CarltonWells Fargo Visa SignatureBank of America Cash Rewards
       Soon              $18K               $9K               $20K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mark293
Regular Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton?

I received mine yesterday, and yes, it is a brick. Applied in branch. 70k fee waived for a year. 140k, annual fee not waived.
Capital One Venture- $30,000, CSP- $29,500, PenFed Promise Visa- $26,000, NASA Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $25,000, NASA Federal Credit Union PLOC- $25,000, Amex BCE- 23,500, Merrill +- $23,000, Western Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, OCCU Platinum Visa- $20,000, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit UnionPlatinum Visa- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union MasterCard- $15,000, Allied Credit Union Visa- $15,0000, BBVA NBA Amex $15,000, Houston Police Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $15,000, Amex PRG NPSL, Discover IT- $14,300, DCU Platinum Visa- $10,000, Smart Financial CU Platinum MC- $10,000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa- $7500, USAA Platinum Visa- $7000, GEMB/Dillard's-$7500.00, GEMB/JCP-$10,000
Message 2 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

The "garden" is going with HP's on your report. Growing credit lines via SP only. It is a way to boost your score and lead to successful apps in the future.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 13
TeeJayHoward

Aah, thanks. Any idea about rather or not I'll be able to get the 140K points instead of the 70K? My wife and I are planning a trip to Japan next year, and having the airfare be free would certainly be nice!

Ent Visa SignatureJP Morgan Ritz-CarltonWells Fargo Visa SignatureBank of America Cash Rewards
Message 4 of 13
dilettante
Established Contributor

Congrats to everyone on their new cards. It's one of my favorites.

@TeeJayHoward, yes you can ask for the better sign up bonus. Chase bumped my bonuses for Marriott and CSP after I received better targeted offers later. The CSR told me you have 3 months after you get the card to be eligible for better sign up bonus matching. You do need to set up a Ritz or Marriott Rewards account online. After you get the account set up, SM Chase and request to bump up your sign up bonus. Be prepared to give them codes, screenshots of better bonus deals. IME, if you call and request, they will say no but if you SM, they are more than willing to consider and actually do it. I believe the codes targeted were either mailed or was an offer that appeared on the Ritz members online accounts.

Message 5 of 13
dilettante
Established Contributor

Great suggestion for those seriously thinking of getting this card or trying it out for a year. I haven't seen as great of a sign up offers for this card in a long time.

For those who want to try to take advantage of the bonus after the fact, you can try calling but I personally got better results by SM than over the phone. My banker was the one who told me about the Chase bonus match offer, but when I called and asked, they said no, when my banker called, they said no. Then when he told me to SM (and even wrote the script for me), they replied that they were "delighted" to inform me that they would credit the additional bonus points. Like anything else it's a YMMV thing but worth a try.

Message 6 of 13
TeeJayHoward

When you say SM, are you referring to snail mail?

Message 7 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 13
TeeJayHoward

I'm not familiar with secure message. Is this a chat program, an email, or some sort of messaging system through their web site?

Message 9 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@TeeJayHoward wrote:

I'm not familiar with secure message. Is this a chat program, an email, or some sort of messaging system through their web site?

login to chase.

on the top right click on "secure message center"

click send a new message.

fill in the rest.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.