Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Select Approval

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

JP Morgan Select Approval

I've had a beef with Chase since they took over WAMU, when they rate jacked my account to 29.99% for no reason, and refused to lower my APR for the past four years.  My Chase Sapphire (which started out as a Slate card) has been in the sock drawer since.   So, against my better judgement, I applied for tthe Select and was approved for a $15,800 CL at 13.24%.   I plan on transferring my Sapphire CL to the Select hopefully, and closing the Sapphire.  We'll see how that goes.  Smiley Indifferent

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JP Morgan Select Approval

Nice! Congrats! Smiley Happy You must have high income to get a high starting credit limit

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice starting CL,I would think you must make 6 figures to start off at that much.. 

Message 3 of 17
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice starting CL,I would think you must make 6 figures to start off at that much.. 

I do, but that's beside the point.  I wanted to get a lower APR with Chase, and the only reason I could was by applying for a differnt card, which is ridiculous when you think about it.  They could have easily reduced the APR on my existing card.  So I applied for a new one and received a 16.24% lower APR.  I do PIF every month,  so the APR doen't really matter, its the principal of it is what matters to me.  It's stupid that I had to do what I did to acheive this.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea your right it doesn't make much sense that you had to apply for another card to get a lower APR with the same CCC. Some of these companies never seem to amaze me. 

Message 5 of 17
android01
Valued Contributor

We'll have to see how they react.  I'll be attempting to transfer an 8K CL to the new card.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 6 of 17
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your new card! I have a select card myself, with a rate around 10%. I did a PC from a sapphire so kept that rate.  Interested in how chase handles your request to move credit lines around. My mom just got the sapphire with the sign up bonus, but was approved at a low limit(7.5k). Hopefully she can move credit from her BA or Freedom card. Let us know how you make out. Also enjoy your new card!  Mine is already looking crappy..LOL

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 17
android01
Valued Contributor

I'll be sure to let everone know how (and if) it works out! Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 8 of 17
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

If  you don't mind me asking how much do you plan on moving? My mom wants to move 20K from her BA card. So she has more available credit on the more useful card. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 17
android01
Valued Contributor

My Sapphire card is 8K, which is half of what it was when it was a WAMU card.  Smiley Mad  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.