Frequent Contributor
crosbyk1

Re: JP Morgan Select Approval

That sucks! I had a WAMU card but the didn't touch it maybe because I was a existing customer. Chase pissed a lot of people off during that transaction!

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
HoahCredit

crosbyk1 wrote:

That sucks! I had a WAMU card but the didn't touch it maybe because I was a existing customer. Chase pissed a lot of people off during that transaction!

Interesting!!! Six years ago I had a WAMU card with a $4K CL and 13% interest. After Chase took over my interest rate went up to 29.99% but I received no notification. One day I called asking for a CLI, which they denied, and asked what my interest rate was. When they told me 29.99% I asked them to bring it down and they said "no". I closed the account right away. What I didn’t realize until now, was that more people went through the same issue.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Mega Contributor
LS2982

android01 wrote:

Anthony30 wrote:

Very nice starting CL,I would think you must make 6 figures to start off at that much.. 

I do, but that's beside the point.  I wanted to get a lower APR with Chase, and the only reason I could was by applying for a differnt card, which is ridiculous when you think about it.  They could have easily reduced the APR on my existing card.  So I applied for a new one and received a 16.24% lower APR.  I do PIF every month,  so the APR doen't really matter, its the principal of it is what matters to me.  It's stupid that I had to do what I did to acheive this.

+1

Thats wrong chase would not work with you. Was your credit profile up to par for it??? (prolly stupid question but worth asking)

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
android01

LS2982 wrote:

android01 wrote:

Anthony30 wrote:

Very nice starting CL,I would think you must make 6 figures to start off at that much.. 

I do, but that's beside the point.  I wanted to get a lower APR with Chase, and the only reason I could was by applying for a differnt card, which is ridiculous when you think about it.  They could have easily reduced the APR on my existing card.  So I applied for a new one and received a 16.24% lower APR.  I do PIF every month,  so the APR doen't really matter, its the principal of it is what matters to me.  It's stupid that I had to do what I did to acheive this.

+1

Thats wrong chase would not work with you. Was your credit profile up to par for it??? (prolly stupid question but worth asking)

I don't know how my credit file could get much better.  AAoA at 12 years, Utilization at 1%, scores in the 790's, no baddies, mortgage and car loan both lower than 50% outstanding.  I'm gearing up to do some traveling so I wanted the Chip and Pin card, which is why i applied for the Select.  The whole WAMU/Chase rate jack deal a few years back really frosted me, so now I'm glad I did something about it.  :smileyhappy: 

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14
Mega Contributor
LS2982

android01 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

android01 wrote:

Anthony30 wrote:

+1

I don't know how my credit file could get much better.  AAoA at 12 years, Utilization at 1%, scores in the 790's, no baddies, mortgage and car loan both lower than 50% outstanding.  I'm gearing up to do some traveling so I wanted the Chip and Pin card, which is why i applied for the Select.  The whole WAMU/Chase rate jack deal a few years back really frosted me, so now I'm glad I did something about it.  :smileyhappy: 

Enjoy the new card!!! Post a pic on the plastic pic thread!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
jefftca925

Chase's CC division is very hard to figure out.  I've had my two Freedom cards and a recently PC'd Sapphire card for going on 4 years...no CLI!!  FICO scores have always been >740 in that period.  My interest rates range from 7.99% to 18.24% on the three...No rhyme or reason.  I PIF every month so that's no big deal.  Have only asked for a CLI once (last March) and was shot down.  Other creditors have been no issue with regards to CLIs but Chase is major PITA.  The only reasons why I keep their cards are they are some of my oldest, their CS is very good, and I LOVE their rewards program.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 6.9k, CSP VISA Sg 7k, BofA Amex 12.5k, Discover 10.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 12.5k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Amex Zync, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 17k, Amex BCP 9.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 4k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase United VS 13k, Chase Marriott VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 5k, Compass Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 13.3k, Capital One QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 13.5k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Barclay Arrival 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 9k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 17k
Valued Contributor
android01

For those that are interested, I forgot to mention that Chase pulled EQ.  This surprised me because they regularly soft my EX every six months or so. 

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}