Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Select Approval

tag
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select Approval

That sucks! I had a WAMU card but the didn't touch it maybe because I was a existing customer. Chase pissed a lot of people off during that transaction!

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:

That sucks! I had a WAMU card but the didn't touch it maybe because I was a existing customer. Chase pissed a lot of people off during that transaction!

Interesting!!! Six years ago I had a WAMU card with a $4K CL and 13% interest. After Chase took over my interest rate went up to 29.99% but I received no notification. One day I called asking for a CLI, which they denied, and asked what my interest rate was. When they told me 29.99% I asked them to bring it down and they said "no". I closed the account right away. What I didn’t realize until now, was that more people went through the same issue.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 12 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice starting CL,I would think you must make 6 figures to start off at that much.. 

I do, but that's beside the point.  I wanted to get a lower APR with Chase, and the only reason I could was by applying for a differnt card, which is ridiculous when you think about it.  They could have easily reduced the APR on my existing card.  So I applied for a new one and received a 16.24% lower APR.  I do PIF every month,  so the APR doen't really matter, its the principal of it is what matters to me.  It's stupid that I had to do what I did to acheive this.

+1

Thats wrong chase would not work with you. Was your credit profile up to par for it??? (prolly stupid question but worth asking)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 17
android01
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice starting CL,I would think you must make 6 figures to start off at that much.. 

I do, but that's beside the point.  I wanted to get a lower APR with Chase, and the only reason I could was by applying for a differnt card, which is ridiculous when you think about it.  They could have easily reduced the APR on my existing card.  So I applied for a new one and received a 16.24% lower APR.  I do PIF every month,  so the APR doen't really matter, its the principal of it is what matters to me.  It's stupid that I had to do what I did to acheive this.

+1

Thats wrong chase would not work with you. Was your credit profile up to par for it??? (prolly stupid question but worth asking)

I don't know how my credit file could get much better.  AAoA at 12 years, Utilization at 1%, scores in the 790's, no baddies, mortgage and car loan both lower than 50% outstanding.  I'm gearing up to do some traveling so I wanted the Chip and Pin card, which is why i applied for the Select.  The whole WAMU/Chase rate jack deal a few years back really frosted me, so now I'm glad I did something about it.  Smiley Happy 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 14 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I don't know how my credit file could get much better.  AAoA at 12 years, Utilization at 1%, scores in the 790's, no baddies, mortgage and car loan both lower than 50% outstanding.  I'm gearing up to do some traveling so I wanted the Chip and Pin card, which is why i applied for the Select.  The whole WAMU/Chase rate jack deal a few years back really frosted me, so now I'm glad I did something about it.  Smiley Happy 

Enjoy the new card!!! Post a pic on the plastic pic thread!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 17
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Chase's CC division is very hard to figure out.  I've had my two Freedom cards and a recently PC'd Sapphire card for going on 4 years...no CLI!!  FICO scores have always been >740 in that period.  My interest rates range from 7.99% to 18.24% on the three...No rhyme or reason.  I PIF every month so that's no big deal.  Have only asked for a CLI once (last March) and was shot down.  Other creditors have been no issue with regards to CLIs but Chase is major PITA.  The only reasons why I keep their cards are they are some of my oldest, their CS is very good, and I LOVE their rewards program.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 16 of 17
android01
Valued Contributor

For those that are interested, I forgot to mention that Chase pulled EQ.  This surprised me because they regularly soft my EX every six months or so. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.