Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Select Renewal?

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

JP Morgan Select Renewal?

Anyone else with a JP Morgan Select Visa with a renewal date in 2015? Anyone get their card renewed already with a date beyond 2015?

Rumour around at this and various  other forums was that JP Morgan Chase was going to do away with this card and port current users over to another card, presumably a Chase Sapphire Preferred. My card expires in October 2015. Hoping that the rumours are just that...rumours.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JP Morgan Select Renewal?

No but I know someone with the card with an expiration date of 2016. Does that help in any way?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No but I know someone with the card with an expiration date of 2016. Does that help in any way?

A friend? 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A friend? 

Ha.

Message 4 of 13
mxp114
Valued Contributor

My card was recently renewed thru 2018 and it now features the refreshed Visa Signature logo. Basically the silver hologram outline of VISA and Signature appears aligned below in a much smaller font.

Message 5 of 13
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

My card was recently renewed thru 2018 and it now features the refreshed Visa Signature logo. Basically the silver hologram outline of VISA and Signature appears aligned below in a much smaller font.

Excellent ! !   That's what I was looking for, someone with the card, expiring in 2015, getting renewed to a date beyond 2015.  Even though they are not accepting new applications, sounds like the card will remain with us for those of us who have it. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My card isn't up until June 2016, but I may have some insight to offer. I have been looking forward to getting switched over to CSP because the Select is my only line of credit and thus I still technically have a thin file. Unfortunately for me, the timeline for that has been pushed back from late Q2/Q3 (when I asked in January) to the end of Q3 (June) to ???? when I asked last week. The final response last week from my rep advised me to just go ahead and look for another card (Chase Freedom was suggested) because he was really not sure when things would be moving over.

I would guess it's entirely possible things will remain as they are for at least the next six months. I hope that pleases those of you who want to keep your Select card!

Message 7 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I thought the JPM select was a hidden TL.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
I thought the JPM select was a hidden TL.

It is a hidden trade line.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/quot-Thin-file-quot-bc-my-only-CC-doesn-t-r...

@Edited: @mmricahrds clarified initial post.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, it is. That's great for people who have established credit, but unfortunately for me, with no auto or student loans and no (reporting) credit cards it gets tricky.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.