Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Select Reporting Question

tag
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

JP Morgan Select Reporting Question

Can current card holders confirm?

I'm seriously considering applying for this card particularly because it does not report to the CRA. I need to know (definitively) about this card - for those who have, has it reported to CRA? How long have you had the card?

Most people have said that it does not report. However, in rare occasions, it has reported.

Thanks for your help!

Hi SanjeevR,

I've merged your 2 threads discussing JP Morgan into just one - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select Reporting

I would point out that the non reporting is not a feature of this card. It just seems to be policy and can change at any point. Does not seem to be any pattern on those who get reported vs not reported. I would probably recommend you form small business and app for business cc if you want more consistent policy of non reporting.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 47
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Mine still hasn't but your thread title made me think they've begin to report them and what a disaster that would be for me right now. Another new TL to kill me lol

Message 3 of 47
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

5th statement about to cut. No reporting.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 47
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Mine still hasn't but your thread title made me think they've begin to report them and what a disaster that would be for me right now. Another new TL to kill me lol

Sorry about that. I changed the title!

Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 5 of 47
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select Reporting Question

Not ment to burst anyones bubble but here is the score watch alert for our palladium card that we just got.

Balance: $2,269 Credit limit or largest balance: Not Reported

Past due: Not Reported Payment terms: Not Reported

Portfolio type: Revolving or Option

Description: Amount in H/C column is credit limit Contact: Chase Card Services
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 6 of 47
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
Not ment to burst anyones bubble but here is the score watch alert for our palladium card that we just got.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure why you're trying to say.

What does the Palladium have to do with the Select card? Do they report the same way?

Message 7 of 47
swpopham
Established Contributor

Same series of cards. I ordered a set of plastic cards and the select cards showed up. The palladium card is the metal version of the select. Same trade line. It wasn't supposed to report. But all it dose is report no limit and your high balance for the month. The option/revolver. I paid the balance before the closing date and that still posted. Ymmv type thing but mine reported
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 8 of 47
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@SanjeevR wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure why you're trying to say.

What does the Palladium have to do with the Select card? Do they report the same way?

Yes they report the same way, as in they do NOT report, and are essentially hidden trade lines. I have just seen an odd post on myFico where maybe a couple of folks posted that the JP Morgan Select was not a hidden TL for them and were getting reported to the Bureaus. 

swpopham's is significant in the sense that this is the first instance of someone holding a Palladium card posting that even their Palladium card is being reported to the CBs. The similarities/pros/cons of Select vs Palladium have been discussed a few times in this forum if you wanted to search for it.

Message 9 of 47
swpopham
Established Contributor

You know what im thinking, is yes it reported our high balance but I think it is scored like an Amex charge because it did not factor in to our utilization. On mine or my wifes credit report. I was hoping like everyone else it would stay hidden. Oh well ill see if it reports next month our statement closes on the 27th

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.