Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Select Reporting Question

tag
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select Reporting Question

@swpopham wrote:
You know what im thinking, is yes it reported our high balance but I think it is scored like an Amex charge because it did not factor in to our utilization. On mine or my wifes credit report. I was hoping like everyone else it would stay hidden. Oh well ill see if it reports next month our statement closes on the 27th

Can I ask how long you've had the card? Do you have other Chase cards? I ask because someone else mentioned that they had several Chase products. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 11 of 47
swpopham
Established Contributor

We just got it like 13 days ago when we started the chase private client banking. We have the csp, freedom, ink bold and then this palladium account that we just got. When I get to my computer i'll do a screen shot of the score watch but im 99% that that's the new account
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 12 of 47
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
You know what im thinking, is yes it reported our high balance but I think it is scored like an Amex charge because it did not factor in to our utilization. On mine or my wifes credit report. I was hoping like everyone else it would stay hidden. Oh well ill see if it reports next month our statement closes on the 27th

Yes looking at your first post on this thread it did appear similar to how the Amex charge cards report. However utilization is not the only factor in the equation here. It is addition of another TL, reduction in AAoA and short term impact to score due to new account etc as well.

Message 13 of 47
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
We just got it like 13 days ago when we started the chase private client banking. We have the csp, freedom, ink bold and then this palladium account that we just got. When I get to my computer i'll do a screen shot of the score watch but im 99% that that's the new account

What is your approved Palladium Credit Limit? Should show up in your Chase account or mentioned during approval process.

Message 14 of 47
swpopham
Established Contributor

25k he said said because its a signature card we can do 3x cl on option and pay it under 25k before due date. We will never be that far in the hole, I still don't have any feelings on if its worth 595 a year
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 15 of 47
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
Same series of cards. I ordered a set of plastic cards and the select cards showed up. The palladium card is the metal version of the select. Same trade line. It wasn't supposed to report. But all it dose is report no limit and your high balance for the month. The option/revolver. I paid the balance before the closing date and that still posted. Ymmv type thing but mine reported

You sure your palladium is reporting?  Mine isn't.  I've talked to Palladium CS and they said they were not reporting as policy.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 16 of 47
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
25k he said said because its a signature card we can do 3x cl on option and pay it under 25k before due date. We will never be that far in the hole, I still don't have any feelings on if its worth 595 a year

Also, Palladium shouldn't be treated as AMEX charge card if it is reporting.  What determines that is what it says under terms.  If it says one month or something like that, it will be ignored in utilization % calculations.  Since it is a credit card, it shouldn't say that.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 17 of 47
android01
Valued Contributor

I've had the Select since January, and it hasn't appeared on any CR.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 18 of 47
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

There always seems to be someone on these types of threads who claim the select/palladium report.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 47
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

Well, I took the plunge anyway! Sure hope it doesn't report!
Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.