Regular Contributor
SanjeevR

Re: JP Morgan Select Approved

CreditScholar wrote:

How difficult was it to move your CLs around? I'm thinking about applying for a hotel card soon (Hyatt or Ritz), but I won't need the CL I'll likely get. If transferring CLs isn't too difficult, I might do this sooner rather than later.

It was actually really easy. I called the backdoor analyst number and they were able to do it in a matter of minutes.

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Regular Contributor
SanjeevR

Re: JP Morgan Select Reporting Question

swpopham wrote:
Just got off the phone with cs and they say its the csp reporting and not the palladium card. I guess that settles that argument I will say I am glad I was wrong. On that, oh good job on the 30k line, you had to top us!

Thanks! I have to admit that I was surprised myself. I seriously think it's an Amex - Chase thing. Chase sees the great relationship I have with Amex and they jump at the opportunity to top them!

It's good to hear that your Palladium isn't reporting. Thanks for checking and sharing.

Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Regular Contributor
SanjeevR

jsucool76 wrote:

Congrats, can't wait till I get on that level. :smileyvery-happy: 

Thanks. You'll get there.

Trust me - less than a year ago I was nowhere. Through patience and research, I've made all the progress you see in my sig.

Just remember - good credit is rewarded by more credit.

Super Contributor
CS800

Is the select normally an NPSL card?

Since they give you a $30K line i assume it also doesnt report a cl?

Regular Contributor
SanjeevR

CS800 wrote:

The Select card does have a credit line. However, as is the case with most Visa Signature cards, it can be used as a NPSL card so long as the amount over the credit limit is paid after the statement cuts. (Otherwise the card will be locked for use.)

CS800 wrote:

The general consensus is that this card should not report at all.

To the best of my knowledge, IF it did report, it would report with a limit and a balance that would be factored in utilization.
Valued Contributor
Crashem

SanjeevR wrote:

CS800 wrote:

The Select card does have a credit line. However, as is the case with most Visa Signature cards, it can be used as a NPSL card so long as the amount over the credit limit is paid after the statement cuts. (Otherwise the card will be locked for use.)

CS800 wrote:

The general consensus is that this card should not report at all.

To the best of my knowledge, IF it did report, it would report with a limit and a balance that would be factored in utilization.

+1. Sounds dead on.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor
MrShush

There was a poster who mentioned his reported but that was a PC from CSP if I remember...

However, mine does not report either and I have had it since May.
Regular Contributor
SanjeevR

MrShush wrote:
There was a poster who mentioned his reported but that was a PC from CSP if I remember...

However, mine does not report either and I have had it since May.

Excellent point! That's probably the answer...

Regular Contributor
mokong

mine doesnt report yet i got it since may.

Super Contributor
CS800

mokong wrote:

mine doesnt report yet i got it since may.

+1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+