MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select does NOT report to CRA's

I really want this card.

Message 31 of 102
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I like the card design, and the fact that it doesn't report is nice. So I might app for this later today and could always convert the card to a product that does report or maybe they will enable report opt-ins which I would do after 12 months. Tempting.

Message 32 of 102
FrugalRican
Blogger

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:
 My guess is that their reasoning for not reporting it is to give you the freedom and incentive to use the card more, for larger purchases, and carry balances (which Chase collects interest on) without suffering any credit report consequences.  It is a "flexible spending" card where I can charge over my limit.

+1 you're probably spot-on. I suppose the idea is to encourage very large-ticket items, without fear of short-term credit dings while you pay it off over a couple of months (or years, whatever).

It would also help with transferring balances away from prying eyes.

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMM...

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 33 of 102
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Im really tempted....really
Message 34 of 102
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Just applied, and approved for $10k. I may close my few months old Disney and move the limit over, since I never use the card. Wasted INQ and AAoA ding there.

Message 35 of 102
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You re killing me.
Message 36 of 102
mxp114
Valued Contributor

How do you request express card?

Message 37 of 102
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

How do you request express card?

I just used the message system, asked if there was anyway to expedite. Apped late Monday afternoon card was here early this morning. Nice looking card with a few added benefits. However, I wish the account # and member since date were on the back. It really detracts from the card with the raised numbers and letters. Also, when I first pulled it out I thought they had changed it to a metal card. It defn has the same brushed metal look as the csp. Not so much though.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 102
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Man, I had the app filled out, but stepped back from.the edge. Dont know why. I have 4 inquiries on TU 2 if which will fall off next month. Score hovers between 750 and 770. Dont really care about the limit, im just pump about it being hidden.
Message 39 of 102
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
Man, I had the app filled out, but stepped back from.the edge. Dont know why. I have 4 inquiries on TU 2 if which will fall off next month. Score hovers between 750 and 770. Dont really care about the limit, im just pump about it being hidden.
if it helps I had 7 when approved. I'm to lazy to look through the rest of your posts. Do u have any other chase cards?

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.