tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select does NOT report to CRA's

@MrShush wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Just when I was convinced there wasn't a reason to stop gardening. Smiley Happy

Tell me about it.

Interest rate really wouldn't make sense for a BT unless the goal was to temporarily make the debt disappear until someone offered %0. I'm not planning to apply but really can see how it would be a great deal for someone properly positioned to apply.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 51 of 102
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

I have this card, and I have one report from a month after it was issued where it didn't report, but in my experience not many cards report that quickly anyway so I can't confirm that it does or doesn't show up on the credit report with any conviction. That would be a nice benefit in some circumstances though.

For people wanting to app for it, when I spoke to a Chase rep a few months ago about a different account, she mentioned as part of our discussion that the JPM card minimum limit issued is $5000. Not sure if that would encourage or deter anyone from taking the plunge, but it was interesting to know.

Message 52 of 102
MrShush
Valued Contributor

When did you get that card?
Message 53 of 102
longhorn11
New Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:

I PC into the select card. After I did this it no longer updates on my credit reports.

Does the credit line still factor into your utilization ratio?  Is it just the balance that doesn't update?  

Message 54 of 102
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

No credit line is reported.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 55 of 102
MrShush
Valued Contributor

No credit line or the absence of the trade altogether? And who did you call to PC?
Message 56 of 102
android01
Valued Contributor

To take it back to the beginning of this thread, I was told by a Chase CSR that the Select and the Palladium do not report to the CRA's.  I've just had my fourth statement cut on the Select, and no reporting.....Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 57 of 102
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

To take it back to the beginning of this thread, I was told by a Chase CSR that the Select and the Palladium do not report to the CRA's.  I've just had my fourth statement cut on the Select, and no reporting.....Smiley Happy

Great news! However, a sample size of n=1 is too small to conclude that the card does not report.

Message 58 of 102
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

+1 Exactly why I asked for some others (6+months) to come forward and confirm the non-reporting (and let us in on the party)!
Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 59 of 102
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@SanjeevR wrote:
+1 Exactly why I asked for some others (6+months) to come forward and confirm the non-reporting (and let us in on the party)!

It seems that only a few forum members have this card or those that have it, haven't read this thread Smiley Sad

Message 60 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.