Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Select vs CSP vs ????

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select vs CSP vs ????

My understanding is that the requirements are pretty much the same as the CSP. I've also heard anectodally that the CSP Select concierge is better, but I personally doubt it.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to chime in here. The JPM Select's first year fee IS waived, just like the CSP. Don't have time to quote right now, but I saw that someone mentioned a disadvantage is that the JPM's fee is NOT waived, when in fact the $95 fee is waived for the 1st year.

Message 12 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

The hidden tradeline is a great thing for people not interested in lowering their util.

I was hoping to PC my freedom to a CSP since my CL cant afford it but not sure if I would like the AF.

I already have a Discover More that is more or less like the Freedom.

OP for your purpose the CSP makes more sense.

Message 13 of 14
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to chime in here. The JPM Select's first year fee IS waived, just like the CSP. Don't have time to quote right now, but I saw that someone mentioned a disadvantage is that the JPM's fee is NOT waived, when in fact the $95 fee is waived for the 1st year.

Thanks for the heads up. It's strange that they don't list that more prominently on the website: https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/jp-morgan-select-card.aspx

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.