Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan palladium requirements?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: JP Morgan palladium requirements?

@Crashem wrote:

I think private client 250k or maybe even lower if you say you will build to that.

250k? Is that all? That might be something I'll seriously consider for next year then. That's really not that much.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 57
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

I think private client 250k or maybe even lower if you say you will build to that.

Some say it is $25 millions in the form of liquid asset.

PB is 5-25M. This is CPC, which is another category altogether. Both have access to the palladium card.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 57
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

PB is 5-25M. This is CPC, which is another category altogether. Both have access to the palladium card.

Pb is a little weird.  Definitely in the 7 digits, but really just depends on your relationship with them.  Know people who have couple of illiquid million with them, but they want to build relationship with them. Personally don't think it is worth it for under 10 million.  Fees rack up without enough money to need their more specialized services or access.  For example, getting access to certain hedge fund.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 57
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Pb is a little weird.  Definitely in the 7 digits, but really just depends on your relationship with them.  Know people who have couple of illiquid million with them, but they want to build relationship with them. Personally don't think it is worth it for under 10 million.  Fees rack up without enough money to need their more specialized services or access.  For example, getting access to certain hedge fund.

I was just looking at the CPC site. Didn't see any minimum except that if you drop below a monthly min. of 15k they charge $20/mo. That's odd because I have a Chase Plat. Premier. account and the min is an average of 75k total. The different services are pretty minor except for free outgoing wires for CPC. OTOH, I can get 9 more free Plat .Prem. checking accounts with no minimums on the extras.  I have no idea why anyone would want that.

I'm kicking around apping for the Pd but I'm not about to put my major financial assets into a bank managed investment account.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 14 of 57
Crashem
Valued Contributor

JP Morgan Chase is a bit different from most banks.  JP Morgan part definitely has I-Banking chops.   However, I doubt CPC inherited any of it.

Message 15 of 57
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

JP Morgan Chase is a bit different from most banks.  JP Morgan part definitely has I-Banking chops.   However, I doubt CPC inherited any of it.

No doubt. JPM is a tier one ibank as well as a great international scope bank. Probably the best combo out there. I don't have enough to interest the big guys and I'm not sure I would use them anyway. I make my own investments including PPs and have a reasonable experience with angel and mezz finance.  I've been shifting into real estate. There's some good deals but the alpha is limited.

OTOH, I just want a good CC that I can spend 100k on should the opportunity/need arise. It's a fuzzy boundry where one tends to see wires used more but they are slower. An interesting note in the CPC site was that they offered verbal free 7/24 wire services. I've found verbal wires pretty useful with WF but they were limited to business hours. They also charge me $15 per.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 16 of 57
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Did you ever do that 100k secured visa from sdfcu?

Message 17 of 57
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Did you ever do that 100k secured visa from sdfcu?

Nope.

Didn't find out about that before I'd gotten a Citi 25k and WF 10k secured and they unsecured 1.5 years ago.

I'm pretty sure my Amex plat would be good for 100k. I have more than that in their online savings and if push came to shove I suppose I could prepay from there.

Message 18 of 57
mum4519
Contributor

Currently work as a private banker for WF and our requirement is portfolio value of $250k. On the other hand, our wealth management team's minimum value is $1M. I can't imagine JPM to be $5-$25M for just private bank? I'm not familiar with this CPC acronym either.
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 19 of 57
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@mum4519 wrote:
Currently work as a private banker for WF and our requirement is portfolio value of $250k. On the other hand, our wealth management team's minimum value is $1M. I can't imagine JPM to be $5-$25M for just private bank? I'm not familiar with this CPC acronym either.

jp Morgan is like the originaL private bank.  I forget their minimum but it is high.  My earlier comments were that it isn't worth their fees unless you need their services which IMHO takes aselects several million.  Cpc=chase private client which is the equivalent to what you do.

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.