tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: JPM Reserve

@sjt wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

What would be the recommended score for an Approval? Min-Avg?

I should be sitting around 730 across all three scores. 100% payment history over 8 years--and credit utilization is the only variable that moves my score the most. With my most recent payments, it should be updated to that 730 range in a about a week or two--though there's the off chance it could sit at 720 instead.

I will be applying with my Private Banker as soon as it updates.

Any feedback is appreciated.

What, approximately, is your utilization? With 8 years of history and no lates, I would expect a much higher FICO score. Are you carrying some major purchase at 0%? Maybe your existing CCs just have low limits compared to your assets and spend? Are most of your cards very new? Do you have legal access to the JPM funds to pay off any CC balances not at 0%, or does some trustee need to approve?

Presumably through some outdated systems at JPM, I'm in their JPM Private Client Direct customer category (I think one tier below Private Bank, despite having no assets with them anymore).

Maybe things are different since you're in their higher tier and a proper customer with an actual relationship with a banker...but for me they have assigned relatively conservative CLs that reflect my comparatively modest credit report and 1040 income.

What is the minimum for a Private Client Direct relationship?

10million is the minimum. 

Message 11 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Then what's Private Bank now? Or did they merge?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 18
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Everything changed in 2016 to where you have to have $10 million in assets with J.P. Morgan Chase. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/at-j-p-morgan-9-million-in-assets-isnt-rich-enough-1458340690

Message 13 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Everything changed in 2016 to where you have to have $10 million in assets with J.P. Morgan Chase. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/at-j-p-morgan-9-million-in-assets-isnt-rich-enough-1458340690

WSJ March 2016: "Clients who don’t meet the $10 million threshold will be moved to a less hands-on service called Private Client Direct, people familiar with the changes said."

So the March 2016 article (which predates any 2017 changes) says PB and PCD were separate things as of March 2016. $10m was the minimum for PB, but that would mean the minimum for PCD must have been less than $10m.

* https://www.theguardian.com/money/us-money-blog/2016/sep/11/millionaires-private-banking-chase-wealt...

"$500,000 in investments or $250,000 in deposits to qualify" for PCD (written Sept 2016, preceding any 2017 changes)

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved!! : )
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Approved!! : )

Congrats!  Do you mind sharing your starting limit?  Also moving this to the approvals forums now.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. Nice limit for a very nice card.  Enjoy!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.