Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPM Select Card Being Discontinued

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: JPM Select Card Being Discontinued

@mxp114 wrote:

I wonder how this will work out as Select doesn't report to the CRA's. Is it a forced mass PC into CSP or possible path into Palladium?

By default, everyone will eventually be migrated from Select to the CSP, which makes sense since they both have $95 AFs. If you're a JPM or CPC client you can always apply for a Palladium card and move the CL over.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 11 of 23
newUser0
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

The J.P. Morgan Select card will be discontinued on February 28th (last day to submit a new application). All existing JPM Select cards will eventually be converted to Chase Sapphire Preferred, but not until February 2015 at the earliest (and cardholders will receive at least 45 days notice of the change). If your card is scheduled to expire before then, you will receive a replacement JPM Select card.

The stated reason for the retirement of the Select card is to streamline the credit card product suite, and allow Card Services to "focus its resources on enhancing the benefits of the J.P. Morgan Palladium Card in 2014 based on feedback from clients and employees."

Just a heads up.

Thank you for letting us know.

This card has most the features similar to Palladium. 

After the CSP got EMV I think that was really the death blow to the JPM Select. As of right now, all the Select has over the CSP is the hidden TL, 2x+ your CL, 25k UR bonus after $100k spend, PCDW, and nuisance fee waivers. Those things are nice, but not that important to most people when the CSP has 2x on dining, 2x on nearly all travel, 7% dividend, UR sign-up bonus, and an arguably nicer form factor.

You are right, But PCDW, would save a few hundred bucks per rental. 

Many people assume JPM Select, comes with JP Morgan Primer Concierge , But in fact its just a VISA Signature Concierge.

Also, I like this card being unique, not so easy to get, for a AF of $95. Miss you JPM Bye bye..

Message 12 of 23
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

The J.P. Morgan Select card will be discontinued on February 28th (last day to submit a new application). All existing JPM Select cards will eventually be converted to Chase Sapphire Preferred, but not until February 2015 at the earliest (and cardholders will receive at least 45 days notice of the change). If your card is scheduled to expire before then, you will receive a replacement JPM Select card.

The stated reason for the retirement of the Select card is to streamline the credit card product suite, and allow Card Services to "focus its resources on enhancing the benefits of the J.P. Morgan Palladium Card in 2014 based on feedback from clients and employees."

Just a heads up.

Any indication of what will happen if one already has a CSP in addition to the JPM Select?  Automatic CLI to combine the 2 CL into one card?  Offer another Chase product? 

My favourite cards keep becoming extinct.  First the Unicorn...then the Phantom.  Now the Select?  Maybe call it Excalibur?  :-)

Message 13 of 23
bribro
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

Just a heads up.

Any inidication of what will happen if one already has a CSP in addition to the JPM Select?  Automatic CLI to combine the 2 CL into one card?  Offer another Chase product? 

My favourite cards keep becoming extinct.  First the Unicorn...then the Phantom.  Now the Select?  Maybe call it Excalibur?  :-)

I'm not sure.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 14 of 23
Jlu
Established Contributor

Necrotising this thread for an update to my fellow JPM Select cardholders. The end is near.

I currenly have a JPM Select, CSP, Freedom, auto loan & other investment assetts and liabilities with JPM. They are offering to take my existing JPM Select CL and transfer to an existing revolving  line of my choice with 0% APR for 12 months and they're willing to waive all AF's across all of my accounts this year for my 'inconveinence'. Hah, I sorta wanted to go smeegal on the rep by say something involving the phrase MY PRECIOUS MINE MINE.

However all in all I negotiated a way to get my JPM Selects CL added to the CSP Freedom and now both CSP and Freedom are intesest-free for the next year PLUS they dropped the rate on auto loan from 1.99% to 1.24% (LOL It's 5 year old car).

YMMV but liquid assetts = leverage = power..

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 15 of 23
swpopham
Established Contributor

I just wanted to bring this back from the dead, and say nothing has happened we still use our JPM select cards everyweek when we get a rental car

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 16 of 23
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Also, to add more embalming fluid...

I just got my new JPM Select card in the mail.  There was nothing to indicate that any sort of changes were coming, so I sent them a SM asking about it.  The response was that there were no anticipated changes to the JPM Select card beyond what has already occurred, ie, not accepting new applications.

Message 17 of 23
Lyythine
Established Contributor

I just received my replacement card last month as well. I have not received anything about the product being discontinued yet... Ill just play dead and hope they dont notice me Smiley Wink  I dont want the palladium and I dont want the sapphire.

Message 18 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Lyythine - I'll trade you one of my Diners Club CCs for your JPM Select Smiley Wink I'll throw in a pair of Jimmy Choo's ...lol

Message 19 of 23
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Lyythine - I'll trade you one of my Diners Club CCs for your JPM Select Smiley Wink I'll throw in a pair of Jimmy Choo's ...lol

Fin,

I will take that deal  Smiley Wink  I want the Jimmy Choo black suede drivers Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.