Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUNIPER CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUNIPER CARD

I recently recieved my Juniper credit card with a 600 dollar credit limit. I have read some negative comments on different sites about this card. Before I activate this card, I would love some input from others about this card good or bad comments. Should I stay away from this card or activate it and keep it? Thanks for any input. 
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JUNIPER CARD

I have had my Juniper card since the beginning of June.  I haven't had any problems with it.  Their customer service isn't the best, but I do like their website.  It's very easy to maneuver around and pay your bill.  I usually pay in full, but I do like the low interest in case there is a month where I need to carry a balance.
Message 2 of 33
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I got a Junny SeaMiles at the start of my repair process and was approved for $400. To echo prev. poster's comment: CSR isn't all that great. I do have an issue with the payments. I found that if you make two payments within 2 weeks from each other, Juniper will reverse the funds from the first payment and put a hold on the second and keep both in a pending status for up to two weeks. It happened a few times to me, but in every case they would at least credit the payment (funds just aren't available).

If you already opened it, the damage is already done to your credit report (new account). Score-wise, there is no benefit in not activating it.

Message 3 of 33
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I have had a Juniper card for a while now and I must agree that they have terrible customer service, if you dispute anything it will take forever for them to even acknowledge it but overall their site is easy to navigate, you can pay easily and even ahead of time if you want (more than the balance or pending charges that haven't posted) which other banks won't let you.

The interest rates are a bit high and their TransRisk score (FAKO) is cool for the sake of being cool but relatively useless. As a main use card, I would say probably not a good choice but for a backup or failsafe, pretty good. Although be careful since they like to suddenly freeze the account if a charge posts without calling you about it. You will find out when you get declined and call in and they will give you some bull about it.

Anyway, mixed feelings about it, hope it works out for you. Good luck.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 4 of 33
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Got my Juniper MC last month.  Great rate, good CL, did a BT. 
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 5 of 33
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I got a BJ's Juniper card in April. I like it! They let one make multiple payments, and the cutoff date is consistent, so I can use it then PIF it each month.

I did call them once when I ordered some flowers out of state, and they told me they'd already approved it. Whereas I feel that brief cringe every time I hand over my Costco TC Amex, I feel that this card is going to be accepted. And so far, so good.

They started me at $3,000, so we shall see if any auto CLI is in order soon.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 6 of 33
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

DW ($16K) and I ($8.5K) both have one with no problems.  Pay multiple times a month from my bank accounts, goes through quickly.

Had a fraudulent charge that they recognised and they were quick to deal with it

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't even fathom the issues llic is having. I've made multiple (several) payments each month since I've had the card with no problems. I got a high starting credit limit and %7.9 interest rate. It's my best card so far.
Message 8 of 33
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't even fathom the issues llic is having. I've made multiple (several) payments each month since I've had the card with no problems. I got a high starting credit limit and %7.9 interest rate. It's my best card so far.

Here's some other stories:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=53179&query.id=410358#M53179

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=60219&query.id=410346#M60219

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=3583&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Now in fairness, I have been sending one payment only since early summer and haven't had any problems. I also found in reading these that someone posted that a Junny CSR said that it is SOP if your account is 4 months or younger. Maybe it is a YMMV thing

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might as well activate it- it's already on your credit report- and shouldn't have an AF>
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.