Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUST CLOSED!!!! Now what Cards

tag
jeffcasd
Established Member

JUST CLOSED!!!! Now what Cards

ok just closed Yesterday in ohio on my home loan.  My equifax fico is 644 and transunion fico 661.  I was wanting to apply for the chase freedom and a lowes card. do u think i should right now??? what are my chances?? i have a capital one cash rewards and a orchard card utilization is 27%   thanks

Starting Score: 647 equifax fico 660 Transunion fico 627 experian fico lender pulled
Current Score: 648,660,627
Goal Score: 735 across the board
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: JUST CLOSED!!!! Now what Cards

@jeffcasd wrote:

ok just closed Yesterday in ohio on my home loan.  My equifax fico is 644 and transunion fico 661.  I was wanting to apply for the chase freedom and a lowes card. do u think i should right now??? what are my chances?? i have a capital one cash rewards and a orchard card utilization is 27%   thanks

Congrats on the new home Yay

UTL is a little high if you can pay it down to 10% I think you should be good for both before home reports on CR

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
jeffcasd
Established Member

bump

Starting Score: 647 equifax fico 660 Transunion fico 627 experian fico lender pulled
Message 3 of 11
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

pay them down and let your score go up.  your mortgage probably won't report for 2-6 months either.  

Message 4 of 11
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@jeffcasd wrote:

UTL is a little high if you can pay it down to 10% I think you should be good for both before home reports on CR

How does the Home Loan affect the credit when it hits?

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 5 of 11
jeffcasd
Established Member

well i applied for the freedom and was approved for 2000!!!  Applied for the discover IT and was approved for 1000!  applied for the lowes card and was approved for 300.00 boo.  thanks guy and gals for all you help!! 

Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jeffcasd wrote:

well i applied for the freedom and was approved for 2000!!!  Applied for the discover IT and was approved for 1000!  applied for the lowes card and was approved for 300.00 boo.  thanks guy and gals for all you help!! 

Congrats again 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@jeffcasd wrote:

Some scores climb after it hits some drop of  course YMMV

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@jeffcasd wrote:

Some scores climb after it hits some drop of  course YMMV

To expand on this a litte; if someone doesn't have much (call it less than 2 tradelines) installment history on their credit report, a mortgage may provide a boost to one's FICO even though it's a new account based on the mix-of-credit function.

In my case, where I have a personal loan, and two auto loan tradelines, one won't get that benefit; at best in my case it'll be neutral to my score (I have plenty of installment loans on file now, and my AAoA is so short it's irrelevant); however, I'll take a hit for the inquiries at that point with my own theoretical mortgage.

        
Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Call GE Credit Solutions to get the Lowe's CLI'ed!!
Ask for $5k cl; don't be shy!

Report back!
Call 18773794936

It's just a sp on Transunion.

Gecrb is da bomb!😌
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.