Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: January - 2015 Garden Thread

Happy New Year!

Message 81 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for the New Year! I am comfy with what cards I have currently and plan to only app for the AARP card in May. Garden the rest and reach for scores toward 800. No need for a new mortgage or refi with current rate at 3.25%. Car only 3 yrs old and paid off. Gonna be tricky to not app, but I think I can...I think I can...can I?

Message 82 of 2,048
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Good Morning and Happy New Year!!!! 

So glad I do not have the desire to apply for anything right now. Smiley Happy  In a few days I will have some inquiries fall off from purchasing our home and acquiring new credit from that.

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 83 of 2,048
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Good morning and Happy New Year everyone!

Still going strong with NOT applying for anything. 6 months and counting! Still working on goodwilling baddies. As much as I want to apply for the Sallie Mae card, I will not do it. I will not do it. I will not do it LOL

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 84 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year!

Message 85 of 2,048
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Happy New Years GCer's.  I was a gardener for years without knowing it.  During house hunt and fix up purchase, I added a new card. Now I've joined this forum and I'm intrigued by better rewards and the Citi Double cash. But I don't need it.  Thus, I'm in the garden until I actually need something. To keep myself on the straight and narrow, I've listed 6/2016 as the date I can leave the garden.  

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 86 of 2,048
SirAlphonse
Valued Member

Happy New Year!

I want to stay here until the end of this year

Starting Fico 12/20/14 EQ 622 , EX 633, TU 610 | 2/14/15 EQ 641, EX 664, TU 637

In the Garden 5/25/15

Message 87 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year Everyone! Smiley Very Happy

I've been noticing that those of us who are comfortable with what we already have probably had a plan in place to get to this point. For me, the thrill of applying/approval pretty much died once I set specific goals and firmly decided how I wanted to get there. Every month or so I reassess and modify the plan if needed. So far its working out far better than I expected!

Smiley Happy Dont be afraid to ask questions whether its here or PM's to total strangers. I've received and sent quite a few myself in the last five months since coming here. May sound cheesy but this is a community full of people willing to help. Stay strong!
Message 88 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Happy New Year Everyone! Smiley Very Happy

I've been noticing that those of us who are comfortable with what we already have probably had a plan in place to get to this point. For me, the thrill of applying/approval pretty much died once I set specific goals and firmly decided how I wanted to get there. Every month or so I reassess and modify the plan if needed. So far its working out far better than I expected!

Smiley Happy Dont be afraid to ask questions whether its here or PM's to total strangers. I've received and sent quite a few myself in the last five months since coming here. May sound cheesy but this is a community full of people willing to help. Stay strong!

Love to hear of successes like this!

Message 89 of 2,048
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

I do have a question that I would like some insight I have 2 major credit cards and 6 store cards whiched helped me get to where I am today. My major credit cards are Usaa 600 cl and capital one 300 cl for about 2 months now Ive read that lenders like to see the prime banks such as BOA and Wells Fargo. Since I don't qualify for a unsecured card with them should I try to apply for a secured with them? Right now I'm in the garden done with my spree of applying. Trying to focus on the big picture Happy New Year to all and thanks in advance !!!!

Message 90 of 2,048
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.