Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January - 2015 Garden Thread

tag
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: January - 2015 Garden Thread

Checking in for January 2015!

As much as I wanted to, I held off on picking up an AmEx to lock in a 2014 MSD. It took everything I had haha. This means I am definitely in the Garden through March at least to get my Diamond spade. In April, my only negative on my report should fall off. Hoping that leads to a nice score bump. Then who knows.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 221 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_jb_ wrote:

As much as I wanted to, I held off on picking up an AmEx to lock in a 2014 MSD. It took everything I had haha. This means I am definitely in the Garden through March at least to get my Diamond spade. In April, my only negative on my report should fall off. Hoping that leads to a nice score bump. Then who knows.

Wow! Congratulations on gardening for nearly 2 years. Don't think I could make it even close to that long!

Message 222 of 2,048
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

when i was back in rebuilding phase i think i got an 65-70 point bump when my last negative fell off. that was my eq. i think my tu went up about 50, and ex went up about the same . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 223 of 2,048
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

when i was back in rebuilding phase i think i got an 65-70 point bump when my last negative fell off. that was my eq. i think my tu went up about 50, and ex went up about the same . 

Good to hear. Only thing I am worried about is I think my AAoA will drop a bit as this is one of my oldest accounts that had the negative.

My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 224 of 2,048
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

Good to hear. Only thing I am worried about is I think my AAoA will drop a bit as this is one of my oldest accounts that had the negative.

well yeah that may be unfortunate but at the very least they would cancel each other out, but i am going to lean toward it working where you will get decent boost. 

Message 225 of 2,048
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

Wow! Congratulations on gardening for nearly 2 years. Don't think I could make it even close to that long!

Thanks. It was hard at first, and then as time went on it got much easier. Last month while I struggled with wether or not to pick up the AmEx, the biggest thing that kept me from doing it was wanting to hit that 2 year mark.

Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 226 of 2,048
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

well yeah that may be unfortunate but at the very least they would cancel each other out, but i am going to lean toward it working where you will get decent boost. 

Really hope you are right.. I feel like I have come a long way from where I was a couple of years ago, but my scores barely show it.

Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 227 of 2,048
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

Really hope you are right.. I feel like I have come a long way from where I was a couple of years ago, but my scores barely show it.

it just takes time I think AAOA matters an lot more than people realize, that is one of the reason i think its an pretty bad idea to reach for store cards when you are rebuilding the new TL for mediocre cards aren't worth it. 

Message 228 of 2,048
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

it just takes time I think AAOA matters an lot more than people realize, that is one of the reason i think its an pretty bad idea to reach for store cards when you are rebuilding the new TL for mediocre cards aren't worth it. 

Agreed. I had 1 card until late 2012, and then picked up the other 4 between later 2012 and early 2013. I was pretty selective in what I applied for at the time, and am even more so now, with AAoA in mind.

Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 229 of 2,048
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

Agreed. I had 1 card until late 2012, and then picked up the other 4 between later 2012 and early 2013. I was pretty selective in what I applied for at the time, and am even more so now, with AAoA in mind.

I usually try to mix an amex card in with rest of new card i app for so i have the msd from 1995 to soften the blow of new cards. 

Message 230 of 2,048
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.