Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January - 2015 Garden Thread

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: January - 2015 Garden Thread

@enxinas wrote:

LOL so U.S. Bank decided to approve my CC app 12 days after I applied for it. I totally forgot about that card haha.

Looks like you are dedicated to the garden, July 2016, huh?

Congrats, some more credit to garden with.

Signature needs updating
Message 1901 of 2,048
Lzzybeth
New Contributor

GAH - help me, I'm feeling the itchy itch!!

Since my last post a few days ago, I got 2 pre-screened offers on the same day from Chase. One for a Freedom card (I've gotten more than a few of those in recent months) and for the first time, one for a SWA RapidRewards Premier card. I've also gotten 5 AMEX BCE pre-screens since November...

That led me down the path to check ALL the prime lenders to see what I've pre-qualified for and it looks like I've got an assortment to choose from.

Though my scores look great, I have no baddies, my AAoA is 6.5 years, and I have nothing but on time payments - my utilization is way too high on my only credit card (~90%). I KNOW I won't get favorable rates, IF I even get approved for any of these goodies! I plan to pay down the credit card and get it to less than 20%, that should happen around October.

I just need someone to hear me out and please tell me I'm doing the right thing! And maybe pass that calamine lotion... Smiley Frustrated

Garden Club Challenge: App Free Since 5/01/2021 and
No Apps Until 6/15/2022
Message 1902 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lzzybeth wrote:

Since my last post a few days ago, I got 2 pre-screened offers on the same day from Chase. One for a Freedom card (I've gotten more than a few of those in recent months) and for the first time, one for a SWA RapidRewards Premier card. I've also gotten 5 AMEX BCE pre-screens since November...

That led me down the path to check ALL the prime lenders to see what I've pre-qualified for and it looks like I've got an assortment to choose from.

Though my scores look great, I have no baddies, my AAoA is 6.5 years, and I have nothing but on time payments - my utilization is way too high on my only credit card (~90%). I KNOW I won't get favorable rates, IF I even get approved for any of these goodies! I plan to pay down the credit card and get it to less than 20%, that should happen around October.

I just need someone to hear me out and please tell me I'm doing the right thing! And maybe pass that calamine lotion... Smiley Frustrated

Im here! ***dumps Benadryl over Lzzybeth*** Seriously though your scores are great and everything is good BUT that 90% on one card is hmm.......so I think you have the right idea to pay it down before making any moves Smiley Happy You might get a couple approvals but sometimes its better safe than sorry

Message 1903 of 2,048
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Lzzybeth wrote:

I'm sworn to the garden, and get lots of pre quals too.  My AAoA is killing me because of 4 accounts opened in last 5 months.  I'm firmly planted in garden.

you know that utilization is a no go.  Pay that baby down, and your golden for better chances,  the cards will still be there, and if not, others always come along,  stay #gardenstrong, Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 1904 of 2,048
Lzzybeth
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im here! ***dumps Benadryl over Lzzybeth*** Seriously though your scores are great and everything is good BUT that 90% on one card is hmm.......so I think you have the right idea to pay it down before making any moves Smiley Happy You might get a couple approvals but sometimes its better safe than sorry

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I'm sworn to the garden, and get lots of pre quals too.  My AAoA is killing me because of 4 accounts opened in last 5 months.  I'm firmly planted in garden.

you know that utilization is a no go.  Pay that baby down, and your golden for better chances,  the cards will still be there, and if not, others always come along,  stay #gardenstrong, Smiley Wink

Ahh, thank you both kindly for your assistance!!

Yes, thanks to these forums and the knowledge I've gained here, I'm so much smarter about the credit moves I make. I've already tossed the Freedom card offer in the shredder and the SWA Premier will be following it shortly.

I'll #gardenstrong (LOVE it!!) and watch my scores rise even higher as the utilization goes down. That'll just have to be enough for now!!

Garden Club Challenge: App Free Since 5/01/2021 and
No Apps Until 6/15/2022
Message 1905 of 2,048
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Congrats, NewGuy.  Yay u!

STILL no good news.  We are 23 days into this refi and it sucks.  Big, fat, hairy donkey ones.

UW is upset about something in 2013 taxes.  IRS wasn't bothered....accepted my tax return, sent us our refund, and the forkin' refi underwriter has an issue.

Now preparing 2014 tax returns at request of loan officer.

Guess who had a kid turn 17 four DAYS before the end of the year.

Argh.

Wifey's car is in the shop.  That'll be $1,100 and some change....

Adult son had a car accident today.  (he's fine, car is shot.)

Some days, it just ain't worth chewing through the leather straps to get out of bed.  Smiley Sad

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1906 of 2,048
LiberatedRN
Contributor

So I am still in the garden. Yay!!! It has only been about a month. I don't know why it seems so hard to stay in the garden. 6months ago, I had not applied for any type of credit for years, because I kept getting denied. Then one day I received a pre-app pop up on jcrew and it kinda started there. Now it seems I always want to apply for something, even though I don't need it. Getting instant approvals can be addictive, if you were always denied before. I plan to stick to my goals and stay in this darned garden! Thinking about my future goals!!!

Officially in the Garden: 2-7-15 till 2-7-16 EQ 711 TU 735 EX 709 (Goal Score 750) (current accounts and inquiries need to age)AmexBlueCashPreferred$6.5K /CDP$6.3K/CitiDblCash$1.5k/Discover$4K/AmexGRN / ChaseFreedom$3.5K /Chase Disney$2.5K/ShopHQ$3.8K/Ebates$3.5K/WilliamsSonoma$4.5K/ /Amazon$2.6K/ HSN$2.3K /Walmart$2.3K/JCrew$4.5K / QVC$2.8K/PayPalCredit$884/BOA(sec)$600/The Loft $1000/Target $500/JCPenney$400/VS$500Last App2-7-15
Message 1907 of 2,048
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

That's how I went on my app spree and it was a treat to get approved lol

Message 1908 of 2,048
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

STILL no good news.  We are 23 days into this refi and it sucks.  Big, fat, hairy donkey ones.

UW is upset about something in 2013 taxes.  IRS wasn't bothered....accepted my tax return, sent us our refund, and the forkin' refi underwriter has an issue.

Argh.

Some days, it just ain't worth chewing through the leather straps to get out of bed.  Smiley Sad

So sorry.  But there'll be days like this.  It will get done.  Why do they have to comb your life with a fine tooth?

Signature needs updating
Message 1909 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Argh.

So sorry.  But there'll be days like this.  It will get done.  Why do they have to comb your life leith a fine tooth?

Probably because it's a refinance, shortly after a newly minted mortgage.

Message 1910 of 2,048
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.