January - 2015 Garden Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: January - 2015 Garden Thread

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't speak for everyone, but I got it with 2 new accounts posted in the last month. YMMV

Got what, may I ask? Smiley Indifferent

Sorry, I meant to quote Nixon.  Got the BoA BBR card, he says he wants it.  The devil in me is tempting him out of the garden Smiley Embarassed

Oh, Yeah.

BoA doesn't like me.

Message 1991 of 2,048
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@BUN wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Checking in for the day.   I'll be busy learning about the Mod Job as I garden.   Hope all is well!

Congrats SunriseEarth! You deserve it!! Glad to have you in the garden!Smiley Happy

Thank you!   It's always good to be here.   I plan on staying until my CO and BK are off later this year.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 1992 of 2,048
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't speak for everyone, but I got it with 2 new accounts posted in the last month. YMMV

Sorry, I meant to quote Nixon.  Got the BoA BBR card, he says he wants it.  The devil in me is tempting him out of the garden Smiley Embarassed

Oh, Yeah.

BoA doesn't like me.

Yeah, they not going to be on speaking terms for awhile. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 1993 of 2,048
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"Breath the garden, Be the garden - - - ommm; ommm; & breath Smiley Happy

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1994 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, Yeah.

BoA doesn't like me.

May I ask why?  I have two cards with them and I'm a fan of both of the cards.  I'd hate to lose my priveleges.

Message 1995 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, Yeah.

BoA doesn't like me.

May I ask why?  I have two cards with them and I'm a fan of both of the cards.  I'd hate to lose my priveleges.

Welll, Let's just say that payments that should have gone to them went to AMEX and Lexus Financial instead...

Message 1996 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

Made it a whole 12 hours before I nabbed the AARP card. Think I'm gonna let the dust settle and QS, BBR, and AARP report for a few months before I app for anything else.

Message 1997 of 2,048
Anonymous
Not applicable

im in the garden until next year Jan/2016! i need an electric fence around me! my itchy trig finger did it again! pplied for the citi TY forcolle students ad got 1.5k ! but no more no more noooooo moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee! My top cards i want next year is the amex green and barclaycard!

Message 1998 of 2,048
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Made it a whole 12 hours before I nabbed the AARP card. Think I'm gonna let the dust settle and QS, BBR, and AARP report for a few months before I app for anything else.

Morning GCrs.  You guys have really got to stop talking about apps. I'm on a quest to stay in the garden until 6/2016, but now I'm making a list of cards I may want to apply for once I leave.  AARP and Double Cash.

Okay so now I owe 50 squats,15 push-ups, and I'll eat an orange.  Now that I've resorted to lists, I may have to eat a few baby carrots too. 

On the bright side, I purchased the myFICO EQ report and score on the 28th (unfortunately before the new show you every score deal). I had so many inquiries to find out my FICO mortgage score during my house hunt that I racked up13 inquiries.  

Anyway I'm playing the simulator game and the only thing I can do to improve my score is time.  So in 3 months my generic EQ score will move from 767 to 782 and in 6 months it'll go to 792 which is close to where it was before the house purchase and all the inquiries. Alas concrete motivation to stay in the garden.  

I don't know if I'll bother to purchase the score in 3 months, but I'll definitely purchase it for the 6 month recovery score and advise fellow GCrs of how close the simulator is to reality for my situation.  I even noted the amount I owe on the one credit card that reported a balance.  I'm going to make sure that it reports a similar balance in 6 months. Hay, bigger bonus! Hmm what to buy in 6 months? In the words of the great philosopher "patience grass hopper."

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1999 of 2,048
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

One last post here in January to mark my first full month of gardening and my first bronze spade.

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 2000 of 2,048
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.