Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January app spree

tag
red259
Super Contributor

January app spree

I am looking for advice on the best order to apply for the following cards in the upcoming year starting in January. Cards I really want are CSP, a Chase ink card and an amex probably BCP but maybe spg. I currently have two active cards a chase freedom (june 2013) with 3.7k and a cap one venture (may 2013) with 10k.No baddies for over four years. No Inqs in the past six months. Last known scores in sig. I have heard conflicting advice about whether or not you can apply for a chase business card and a personal card in the same day all in one pull. I probably would like to split these two cards up so I can spread out the initial spend requirement, but if I can get them both on one pull I would do so. I had considered applying for the csp and amex in Jan and then applying for a chase ink card in April. The last time I applied for an amex charge I was denied for too many recent inquiries, so I am a bit hesistant on pulling the trigger with amex, but now I have several months of current credit history in addition to previous closed out cards.   

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: January app spree

Chase will result in 2 HP's sorry 

IIRC you really wanted the business card most correct?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

+1

Chase will consider each application separate, especially if you will be PG on the Ink card.   It appears you're on the fence on SPG or BCP .. have you given some thought as far as what would be of most value?  Travel? Cashback?

Message 3 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

The business card is extremely important to me, but I want at least one more personal card to get to three. The business card won't help my personal credit report, which is why I was thinking about getting the csp first. I suppose I could go for a chase business card and amex personal card first and then go for the csp a few months later. 

;
Message 4 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

+1

Chase will consider each application separate, especially if you will be PG on the Ink card.   It appears you're on the fence on SPG or BCP .. have you given some thought as far as what would be of most value?  Travel? Cashback?

I prefer travel but I know building up points with the spg card can take awhile and a card with a bonus on groceries would be helpful. I also recall reading that the spg card might be a little harder to get than the bcp. Not sure how accurate this is. 

;
Message 5 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

The business card is extremely important to me, but I want at least one more personal card to get to three. The business card won't help my personal credit report, which is why I was thinking about getting the csp first. I suppose I could go for a chase business card and amex personal card first and then go for the csp a few months later. 

Since the business card is so important .....speaking from a business stand point I would shot for the Chase Ink first followed by Amex charge if approved then app BCP

Immediately after thus getting 2 CC for 1 HP with Amex if approved 

6 months later app CSP 

Chase will see your history with them which may factor into its approval

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Since the business card is so important .....speaking from a business stand point I would shot for the Chase Ink first followed by Amex charge if approved then app BCP

6 months later app CSP 

Oh I thought the second amex card would result in a second amex HP if it was approved. In order to get two amex cards with one pull do I need to do the apps one after another? 

;
Message 7 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

6 months later app CSP 

Oh I thought the second amex card would result in a second amex HP if it was approved. In order to get two amex cards with one pull do I need to do the apps one after another? 

Yes 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

Will go for amex gold as charge card. Do you think I should go for the bcp over spg card as my amex revolver? I go back and forth on this. 

;
Message 9 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@red259 wrote:

Will go for amex gold as charge card. Do you think I should go for the bcp over spg card as my amex revolver? I go back and forth on this. 

Do you stay at SPG Hotels a lot?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.