cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jared® The Galleria Of Jewelry- Approved!

tag
keith021
Regular Contributor

Jared® The Galleria Of Jewelry- Approved!

Today I applied online for a Jared credit account and after the application was complete I got: Thank you for your interest in Jared® The Galleria Of Jewelry Credit. Your application is currently under review. You will receive an email from Jared.com giving you an application status update within one hour.About 5 minutes later a credit rep. called to verify it was me who applied due to the fraud alert on my credit file. He verified me and told me to check my email in about an hour for an update. I checked my email about 10 minutes later and got: Congratulations! Your application for credit with Jared® The Galleria Of Jewelry has been approved and is available for immediate use. Your account number and credit line are listed below.  My credit limit is: $400 which is the same amount as my Kay account. I was expecting it to be this amount too. I believe it is due to the fact that I am only 18, I am just starting to build my credit, and I am a full-time student with little income. It's a good feeling to be approved instead of being denied and having hard inquires. I just thought I would share this with you guys. Now I have the following cards:Suncoast Schools FCU Student Visa: $500Kay Jeweler’s: $400Citi Platinum Select Visa for College Students: $500Jared Jeweler’s: $400 I should be able to grow with all of this, right?  

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Jared® The Galleria Of Jewelry- Approved!

seems to me that you are on a bright start on credit building. keep in mind your inquiries will hurt for 1 year and will fall off in 2 years. just keep your utilization under 10% if possible. also there is another jared/kay jeweler you can apply for and get the same credit line since they are owned under sterling. i forgot what it is but its in the forums. also instead of applying for more credit let your current cards age and grow then ask for a cli or even a pc to a different card.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 6
demo18c
Contributor

I wish i had this forum when i was your age..kudos to you....

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: 747

Message 3 of 6
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

FYI

I am an employee of Jared and just wanted you to know that even though you have a Kay's account and a Jared account, your CLI is shared between the 2 stores. I run into it all the time with my guests. So even though you have $400 with each for a total CLI of $800, you'll only have $400 as available credit. It can be frustrating. At least it will report 2 accounts in good shape tho..........

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvalSmiley Wink you should have a nice credit future. Just make sure you never miss a payment if you carry a balance at all.

Good luck Keith

Message 5 of 6
keith021
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I can't wait to land a spot in the 700 club...

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.