Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jared account closed - bought by Comenity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jared account closed - bought by Comenity

I knew that this was going to happen. It is however my first account that was bought out while I still had an account. So the Jared account reported closed today so my UTI dropped pretty good. Had an 8100 limit on it lol. Anyways my question is once the Comenity shows open on my report they have to show the same open date as 12/15. Looking forward to that account finally having some age to it and I'd be quite upset if it showed new. 
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jared account close - bought by Comenity

@Anonymous wrote:

I knew that this was going to happen. It is however my first account that was bought out while I still had an account. So the Jared account reported closed today so my UTI dropped pretty good. Had an 8100 limit on it lol. Anyways my question is once the Comenity shows open on my report they have to show the same open date as 12/15. Looking forward to that account finally having some age to it and I'd be quite upset if it showed new. 

That is a fantastic question that I want to know the answer to as well.  I opened my Jared's account back in June 2015 so it's over 2 years old now.  I do not want a new account on my credit report at this time since I am trying to age it.  I noticed on my credit report yesterday that my Jared's account now shows closed but the Comenity account hasn't shown on my report yet.  I guess I'll have to play the waiting game.  Any one know the answer on the date question?

Message 2 of 12
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

Re: Jared account close - bought by Comenity

Cabela's recently changed over to Capital One and the open date did not change on my report.

I don't believe they will present your account as new, as you didn't apply for new credit, refinance, etc. The creditor changed, which shouldn't impact you. If they DO reflect a different date, you should dispute it! 

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jared account closed - bought by Comenity

Statement cut on the 10th. Curious to see how everything ends up. Has anyone had it report yet since the change?
Message 4 of 12
peghede
Valued Contributor

Ill show under comenity soon.since got transferred.Look @ remarks

kay.jpg

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's what mine says too. First account I've ever had bought like that so I'm looking forward having my utilization back lol
Message 6 of 12
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Statement cut on the 10th. Curious to see how everything ends up. Has anyone had it report yet since the change?

It has only shown up as closed on my Husband's report so far. He has a zero balance, but they should still update to reflect the change to Comenity. I'm hoping that they report the correct open date! Smiley Surprised

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too, that's important to me as it dropped my age below two years.
Message 8 of 12
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I thought I was the only person who can tick my brother off, but apparently Comenity have me beat in that area as they dropped his score while he was in the process of purchasing a house.  About a month or so ago, they "closed" his Jared account and told him that his new Comenity tradeline will appear sometime in January or February 2018.  Holy Crap!!!  That happened after his lender's pre-approval... bad, very bad!  I think he made it as high as the 3rd Customer Service Supervisor when witnesses (nieces & nephews) said they saw that vein in the forehead and a new hole was torn out of Comenity.  I always thought proper protocol was to add the new tradeline first, then close the old one -- like, don't quit your job FIRST, if you don't have another lined up.  I wonder which genius at Comenity thought that process was a good idea?!?  Over the years, I've scaled-down to just one Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and AMEX card and glad that I don't have anything owned by Comenity.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is horrible.  We are in the process of getting approved as well and my husband's score dropped by 20 points due to this change as well.  They closed the Jared and opened the Comenity.   Was your brother able to do anything about this?  Need advise. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.