Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jared's - Went over credit limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jared's - Went over credit limit?

Learned alot from reading all the other post. Thanks to everyone that contributes.

Rebuilding my credit and applied/got approved for Jareds Store Card.  The CL is $400.  Went and purchased small gift for wife today to establish payment history.  When I got home, I noticed I financed $434.  Im paying it down to $100 as soon as it post, but Im afraid that the High Balance being more than credit limit is going to hurt my credit.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jared's - Went over credit limit?

if it reports that way then yeah but when you pay it down and it reports lower your score will change again. utilization doesn't have memory so your score won't be permanently affected.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

but idk how synch is if you report over the limit. i doubt they'll do anything but you never know. just pay $50 on it mayve
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went back today and returned/repurchased the item with more money down.  Didn't want to take any chances. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

why not just make the payment?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think that high balance over credit limit would look good to other creditors. That's why I was looking for more info. 

Message 6 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

Maybe could have called and added $100 to your limit. Not sure who backs the card myself.  Congrats on looking out for your credit.   :]

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the payment would post to the account before it reports so it'll go down.

and elim it's backed by synch.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.