Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jared's card reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jared's card reporting

Anybody have a Jared's card? I'm trying to figure out why they report the way they do. They just updated my CR for the month saying that I paid but didn't change the balance. It still says 2185 instead of the balance after payment of 1985. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Jared's card reporting

Did you pay it right after they reported maybe?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 6
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I have an account with Jared and yeah, they're weird with the way they report.  I've made 2 payments (one on the 12th and another one on the 21st) and I just got an alert today on myFICO and it's still showing the balance before those 2 payments were made. 

Message 3 of 6
stellar
Established Contributor

IME Jared and Kay take FOREVER to update, like months.  It's ridiculous.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made two payments so far since we opened the account in March and the account has updated to paid status in April and May with the same original balance. When I contacted them today they said "we report accurately to the credit bureaus but it may take 90 days for them to update. You'll have to file a dispute with them". I'm calling BS on that! If they weren't reporting at all then it would show no data for the month. They ARE reporting each month, just not the accurate amount to reflect that I have paid this account. So they contend that the credit reporting agencies are updating the file every month to show that I am making payments as agreed but that it will take them 90 days to accurately report the balance?? What the hell kind of sense does that make?!

Message 5 of 6
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Yeah I called them and was informed they report on the 25th of every month for all accounts.What I noticed is that they report ok every month and are forgiving if you're late cause balance only updates every other month with them.I wouldn't dispute it cause they are reporting payments as ok just slow on reporting correct balances.By time they investigate they'll update showing correctly and dispute does nothing.Lol I know cause I did it.Long as they reporting ok no lates I can be slightly forgiving as well.Trick is pay before 2nd week in month and somehow it updates correctly.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.