Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jc penny credit card

tag
arredondo3417
Valued Member

Jc penny credit card

Jc penny credit card requirements and scores need it for the card to be approved even a small line a credit would do just fine for me. Does anyone has jcpenny ????
Seedling:
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Jc penny credit card

@arredondo3417 wrote:
Jc penny credit card requirements and scores need it for the card to be approved even a small line a credit would do just fine for me. Does anyone has jcpenny ????

JCP is backed by GE and as long as you have no recent baddies you should be fine. They pull TU. A score at least over 610 should be ok.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 14
Gollum
Established Contributor

@arredondo3417 wrote:

Your writing is difficult for me to parse, so I will guess instead.

I assume you are asking about requirements for a JC Penney store credit card.

GEMB is probably the issuer of the JC Penney store credit card.

A GEMB credit card typically allows an interest-free period for a purchase.  It the entire amount of the purchase is not paid by a certain date, an interest rate (probably 27% or so) is applied to the entire amount of the purchase retroactive to the date of purchase, even if payments have been made.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 3 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@arredondo3417 wrote:

Your writing is difficult for me to parse, so I will guess instead.

I assume you are asking about requirements for a JC Penney store credit card.

GEMB is probably the issuer of the JC Penney store credit card.

A GEMB credit card typically allows an interest-free period for a purchase.  It the entire amount of the purchase is not paid by a certain date, an interest rate (probably 27% or so) is applied to the entire amount of the purchase retroactive to the date of purchase, even if payments have been made.

JCP does not do deferred interest unfortunately, you have a set grace period for purchases.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 14
Jimmy9224
Contributor

I work at jcp and have to say their credit requirements are very low as they are issued through GE. The ones usually getting denied are the ones who have no other form of credit (this is not an easy first card to get although some would say..) and if you have any baddies like collections, delinquencies, etc. as long as you have one card in good standing you'll be approved.
My personal expeirence soliciting credit apps for jcp.
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 5 of 14
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Jimmy9224 wrote:
I work at jcp and have to say their credit requirements are very low as they are issued through GE. The ones usually getting denied are the ones who have no other form of credit (this is not an easy first card to get although some would say..) and if you have any baddies like collections, delinquencies, etc. as long as you have one card in good standing you'll be approved.
My personal expeirence soliciting credit apps for jcp.
A friend of mine is looking for a new card, how low of a score do you need? He has some good trade lines on his report. Trying to dispute some fraud accounts.
Message 6 of 14
Jimmy9224
Contributor

Cory,
The score can be as low as 590.. If you've been in good standing for about 6months to a year then they shouldn't have any trouble getting approved Smiley Happy my sister whose credit was 604 TU 594 EQ and don't remember her EX but she was approved for jcp card albeit it was just a 200 dollar limit .. (few months ago) if you wanna know credit score requirements go to whogavemecredit.com Smiley Happy I visit it before any inquiry Smiley Happy
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 7 of 14
halos24
Frequent Contributor

arredondo3417 wrote:

I have had the JC penny card open for almost 2 years now.  I actually received a pre-approval from jcpenny and was very surprised!  At the time I only had a CU Visa my husband had opened for me and an Orchard MC due to my previous bk still was at 8 years at that time and several baddies just 2 years prior to that in 2008.  My scores were also pretty low 600's I think?   Any ways was approved for $500 instantly... and the card has been used here and there and is now at $1900! 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 8 of 14
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Jimmy9224 wrote:
Cory,
The score can be as low as 590.. If you've been in good standing for about 6months to a year then they shouldn't have any trouble getting approved Smiley Happy my sister whose credit was 604 TU 594 EQ and don't remember her EX but she was approved for jcp card albeit it was just a 200 dollar limit .. (few months ago) if you wanna know credit score requirements go to whogavemecredit.com Smiley Happy I visit it before any inquiry Smiley Happy
Thanks, but GE is very good to people that use and pay well.
Message 9 of 14
Jimmy9224
Contributor

Cory,

GE is very good to people that use and pay in a timely matter, what card isn't? except cap one haha they'll keep you at a limit for years and years!

Good luckto your friend! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.