Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JcPenney Card after Rebuilding!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JcPenney Card after Rebuilding!

Hi all, Im new to the boards and working very hard at rebuilding my credit. During my college days (almost 7 years ago, yes the lovely 7 year fall off credit report mark starts 03/2011!) I misused credit and had a credit card from almost every company. I also had JcPenney, which I loved and still do, it was 500 at the time in 2003. I ran into some problems at college and had to abandon my payments (biggest mistake ever) and basically I have been paying for bad credit habits for the past 5 years. 2 years ago I couldnt even get a home phone landline. JcPenney's collection company is still listed on my credit report and is supposed to fall off 03/2011, however, in May we were shopping and were offered the 10% off to apply at the register. Thinking there was no way, I went ahead and was shocked that I was approved for a JcPenney card for a $200 credit limit!! Not alot but a great accomplishment considering I still owe them on my credit report and JcPenney is my fav dept store! I have been buying small items and PIF for hopeful cli after 4 months. Also, you can use your JcPenney card at CVS and RiteAid. I just wanted to give everyone hope that GEMB gives second chances, they just gave me one!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JcPenney Card after Rebuilding!ts

congrats

Message 2 of 8
Shae123
Contributor

Re: JcPenney Card after Rebuilding!

Shows how much I know about my cards - I didn't know you could use it at CVS and RiteAid - I did know however that they were putting Sephora's in some JcPenney stores and the card can be used there.... I love Sephora!

Anywho, Congrats on your card!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually have a JCP card showing on my EX still since 1995. I know I charged it off but its not listed as a derogatory, just closed and transferred. How it's managed to stay on there for 15 years instead of falling off after 10 is beyond me, but I'll take it for the AAoA benefits. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Wow!  That's awesome.  Thanx for the info.  I love JCPenney as well.  Never had the store card, but I did have cards issued by GEMB and yes they went bad.  Still owe small amounts on them ($34, $38), but they are off my CRs and the debt cannot be collected.  Nice to know they give second chances though.  Thanx again for the info. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uniqua wrote:

Wow!  That's awesome.  Thanx for the info.  I love JCPenney as well.  Never had the store card, but I did have cards issued by GEMB and yes they went bad.  Still owe small amounts on them ($34, $38), but they are off my CRs and the debt cannot be collected.  Nice to know they give second chances though.  Thanx again for the info. 

GEMB is forgiving. I recently got approved for an Amazon Store card and it became my highest limit even though I burned them years ago on a JCP and Chevron card.

Message 6 of 8
happy0510
Established Contributor

Congrats!! I am in the 3/2011 club as well! Can't wait!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I was totally shocked and thought that because of the previous negative history, they would never give me another chance. Out of all my old cards, I missed this one the most. ;-) Cant wait for all of 2011, it starts 03/2011, all my baddies start falling off one by one. Im on the cusp, less then a year away-oh so close!!! hehe Didnt think I could get any cards till stuff started falling off.. Does anyone have any clue how many points get added when baddies fall off? Have a nice weekend..

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.